X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C] Corsa Mk2 2004 - error codes P0340, P0300, P0301, P0303

Hi,
    I've got a 2004 Corsa mk2.

I was travelling to work this morning and after getting up to around 60-70mph the check engine light started to flash and the car began to lose power. I just about made it to the junction exit and stopped at the lights but had to come down through the gears to get enough power to get myself up the hill. The engine felt very juddery, check engine light was still on and when I started to pull away after the lights went green it stalled. I started it up again and it ran fine and got me to work as if nothing had happened.

when I got in I did the pedal test to see what faults came up. I got the following:

P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit
    P0300 - Multiple Cylinder Misfire
    P0301 - Cylinder 1 misfire
    P0303 - Cylinder 3 misfire

I've spoken to a couple of mechanics over the phone who say that 9 times out of 10 this is a faulty coil pack that needs changing. I've had a look online and am fairly confident in doing that myself.

What I'm wondering though, is whether or not the faulty coil pack would cause the camshaft position error, or whether this is a separate issue - or whether its a faulty camshaft position sensor and not the coil pack at all?

The mechanics I spoke to seemed fairly sure that it would be the coil pack, but not sure whether they were just assuming I'd read the codes wrong about the cam position sensor...

Anyone had similar symptoms with a cam position sensor?

Thanks for any advice. I'm fairly clueless when it comes to cars (only been driving a year) but am reasonably mechanically minded and don't mind having a go at jobs myself if they are fairly straight forward.

What cc is ? What I would do is clear the codes and see what comes back up , the camshaft sensor could be a old stored code . Is it miss firing all the time or does it clear its self when you turn the ignition on and off.

Comment

Working...
    X