Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] Rattling noise in engine

Hi all,

My Corsa D 1.3 CDTI (2008) makes a rattling noise between 1100-1300 RPM as I accelerate then it goes away and comes back when I drop back down to those revs. When it is a cold start, it is at its worst. When the car warms up it won't be as loud and doesn't seem to rattle too much compared to when it is first started cold. I am trying to find out what the problem is.

This doesn't happen constantly, it happens sometimes and when it starts it won't stop for a good 10 minutes then it would go away.

I am looking towards your responses ASAP.

Here is a link for you to hear it clearly yourselves:

Hi It sounds like something is loose and vibrating when the engine reaches a certain resonance due to vibration. . I'd check that the plastic bits are all firmly secured,especially if they have recently been removed. The large plastic cover on top of the engine is fitted by lugs that popper into sockets.One of those lugs may not be pushed into its socket. Also check the air intake pipes and air filter are all correctly assembled and properly secured to the bodywork.The air intake pipe is secured to the bonnet slam panel with a self tapping screw for instance. . If that screw is missing the bracket might vibrate against the panel. If the noise can be induced with engine running at stationary with the bonnet up you might be able to locate the source by touching various parts to see if the noise stops. Be very careful of moving parts of course. Could be other things.

If you find its the large plastic engine cover you may be able to cure it without removing the cover. If you press down hard in various parts of the cover the unsecured popper may clip on correctly.
    Last edited by Bugman; 03-03-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X