Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] HELP - Spanner fault light comes on and off on long drives

Hi,

I've only recently purchased my Corsa and already I'm having problems with a fault light, I took it back to the seller for it to be looked at by a garage but no problems found and seemed fine on test drives - probably because the fault light only seems to come on when driving on dual carriageways or motorways for at least 25/30 minutes. The fault light is the one with the car and the spanner, manual suggests it could be a fault with the engine or transmission electronics? , like I say it only comes on after a long time driving the car usually on faster roads and will go off again after a few miles but can be on and off for long periods during long drives, sometimes the car looses a little power when the light comes on which is restored when the light goes off but only a slight dip which doesn't always happen. I've tried doing a fault code read with an OBDII scanner but it says it can't connect to the ECU. Otherwise the car seems fine on shorter journeys and there doesn't seem to be a major problem when the light comes on but it does worry me considering I bought the car to replace my old car that suddenly died on me and can't afford another one to die so soon.

It's a diesel 1.3 corsa CDTi ecoFLEX 2008 model, does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be or anyone had similar issues?

Thanks in advance.

I had similar and it was a split in the boost pipe from the intercooler. Wasn't noticable on short low speed drives as there was barely any boost. It was a tiny split. When on dual carriageways there was plumes of smoke, no power and the spanner light. Turned the car off and the light went.
    Potentially could be that
    Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Working...
    X