corsa 1.3cdti 07 plate cant get full revs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] corsa 1.3cdti 07 plate cant get full revs

I have a 07 reg 1.3cdti which will not get above 60mph & appears to be not getting full revs & when i hold it in gear longer than normal to try to get the sped up it up loses all revs till i back off the throttle, does anybody have any ideas please ?
    I have had a problem with the car not getting full revs at the top end & going flat so I have just took the car on the motorway for a test drive, I got up to approx. 3500 revs in 3rd gear just about ready to put in into 4th gear & it flat lined there & I put it into 4th gear & it was ok & it built up the revs fine but did the same up to 5 th gear & the same around 4000 revs & I could not get much above 70mph with my foot flat down.
    I have a 07 reg 1.3cdti which will not get above 60mph & appears to be not getting full revs & when i hold it in gear longer than normal to try to get the sped up it up loses all revs & the yellow spanner light flashes on till i back off the throttle, does anybody have any ideas please ?

Try and get it scanned by someone with op-com, that's the tool Vauxhall use .
    Sounds like it's going into limp mode to protect the engine from you revving it .

Comment

When I had mine and this happened it was a broken boost pipe that was the cause the first time.

Got that fixed.

Happened again when the EGR was failing.

Is there LOADS of smoke behind when you floor it (before the spanner comes on?)
      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

The old question I am afraid - Has it had a FULL service recently? If not, blocked fuel and/or air filters could give you loss of power.
        Another simple check - Is there anything (extra thick carpet maybe) preventing the accelerator pedal from going all the way down?
        Failing the above, get it scanned as Restorer suggests.
        Regards.

Comment

Working...
        X