B or C Opel corsa 1.4 year 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [All Models] B or C Opel corsa 1.4 year 2000

Hi all, forgive me as I'm a newbie Corsa owner. Bought a Opel Corsa 1.4 ,year 2000 and believed it to be a Corsa C but maybe it's a Corsa B. After watching various Youtube videos about changing the oil filter, I popped open the bonnet expecting to see the filter to the top right of the engine (the type you get to with a 32mm socket) but it's under the engine on the front right (screw-in cannister type), Please put me right, have I bought a B or a C, cheers for any info.

Hi welcome to the forum

If you look at the photos on the car chat forum 'Brocade yellow corsa' that is a corsa B

Comment

The 1.4 on the B and early C was the same 16v cambelt engine with a canister oil filter. The later C model had the 1.4 chain driven cam engine shared with the 1.0 & 1.2 which uses the element type filter under a plastic cap. So the engine alone doesn't make it possible to say which model it is.

Bung on a photo of your car - or look at the thread Bugman refers to.
      1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Also have a guide here, although it needs updating for the newer models Welcome to TheCorsa.co.uk Forum - TheCorsa.co.uk Forums

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cheers for all the info.

Originally posted by jt999 View Post
          Also have a guide here, although it needs updating for the newer models Welcome to TheCorsa.co.uk Forum - TheCorsa.co.uk Forums

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X