Corsa d 1.3cdti 75ps-check engine light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Corsa d 1.3cdti 75ps-check engine light

Hello, if anyone read this for me.please beacause i dont know how am i reading the engine light... p????

Hi
    The check engine light (EML) tells you there is a fault but you need to read the fault code(s) stored in the ecu. The best way to do this is with a fault code reader, but not all of these work well on Vauxhall opel. They plug into the diagnostics port of the car. Many people recommend using one by Op Com, that are fairly cheap on ebay,. I havnt got one, I dont know if it works, or is the best choice , for the 1.3cdti engine which is made by Fiat. I believe they also require the use of a laptop computer.

If you go to the tutorials section on this site, then to electrical tutorials, there is a post by coleman that lists the codes and a way you can read the codes without a reader.It involves counting flashes of the light. It may tell you which sensor is causing the fault, but doesnt help with resetting. Sometimes if you fix the problem, or replace a sensor the ecu can reset itself and the light goes off, but not always. Sometimes the faulty reading is only temporary and everything resets without doing anything.

You can get a garage to read them but some charge quite a lot for a diagnostics, and may do unnecessary work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
      Hi
      The check engine light (EML) tells you there is a fault but you need to read the fault code(s) stored in the ecu. The best way to do this is with a fault code reader, but not all of these work well on Vauxhall opel. Many people recommend using one by Op Com, that are fairly cheap on ebay,. I havnt got one, and they may not work ,or be the best one for the 1.3cdti engine which is made by Fiat. I believe they also require the use of a laptop computer.

If you go to the tutorials section on this site, then to electrical tutorials, there is a post by coleman that lists the codes and a way you can read the codes without a reader.It involves counting flashes of the light. It may tell you which sensor is causing the fault, but doesnt help with resetting. Sometimes if you fix the problem, or replace a sensor the ecu can reset itself and the light goes off, but not always. Sometimes the faulty reading is only temporary and everything resets without doing anything.

You can get a garage to read them but some charge quite a lot for a diagnostics, and may do unnecessary work.

Comment

Comment

The two codes mentioned do not appear on Colemans list in tutorials. I googled them. P2002 means "diesel Particulate filter efficiency below threshold" , and is a generic code for most vehicles. I believe P1622 can mean different things on different car makes. Not sure what it is for opel

The spanner light may mean the car is over due for a service , or it was not reset when it was last serviced. You dont need to use a reader, there is a reset procedure which is normally shown in the owner user manual handbook . If you dont have one of these you can download it for free from vauxhall as a pdf (in english) or opel may do them in other languages.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
            The two codes mentioned do not appear on Colemans list in tutorials. I googled them. P2002 means "diesel Particulate filter efficiency below threshold" , and is a generic code for most vehicles. I believe P1622 can mean different things on different car makes. Not sure what it is for opel

The spanner light may mean the car is over due for a service , or it was not reset when it was last serviced. You dont need to use a reader, there is a reset procedure which is normally shown in the owner user manual handbook . If you dont have one of these you can download it for free from vauxhall as a pdf (in english) or opel may do them in other languages.

Comment

Working...
            X