Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corsa Life - 08 Plate - Oil Leak from Engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Corsa Life - 08 Plate - Oil Leak from Engine?

I have tracked down where its coming from (I think) and it seems to be this device pointing out of the engine block (I'm not mechanically minded, so i have no idea the correct terminology)

http://i.imgur.com/xmoUjj7.jpg

If anyone knows what this is, and if its got a correct name i'd be more than glad to find out what it is so i can at least tell the mechanic what it is that's wrong,

Also is there a way to can cover / block this up to stop it leaking? i need a temp-fix just to last me till Thursday evening,

Oil pressure gauge/switch cost about a fiver

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

wow, thanks mate Would it be safe for me to wrap some cloth around this thing to stop it spraying oil all over the engine?

Comment

No really . As it's about manifold which gets hot. No hard to replace. Just need a wrench/spanner to take out and replace. Conection just clip on

Comment

Above. Not about

Comment

Its not worth messing about with cloths etc. If its leaking so badly the oil loss is of immediate concern you should get it fixed immediately. Cloths may initially prevent spray, but it doesnt solve the oil loss, and you get highly inflammable oil soaked wadding somewhere very hot.Not a good idea.
            You should be able to buy the switch over the counter at most car parts factors. Its a fairly easy DIY job. Unclip the wire. Unscrew the switch using a spanner. An adjustable one will do, but if necessary a set of spanners are not expensive and always remain useful. Oil will not come gushing out. Clean up the area with an old rag. Make sure any sealing rings/washers provided are in place and screw the new switch in by hand , hand tight . .Then using the spanner tighten it only slightly more.Dont use too much force trying to get it tight. Re attach the wire.

With luck it will now be leak free, and you have saved yourself labour charges. If it is still leaking try tightening it very slightly more. If it still leaks after that get a mechanic to do it. At most its will only have cost you the price of the switch.
            Last edited by Bugman; 27-03-2017, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Replace it asap. The main issue is oil leaks from the switch, gets into the wiring loom and buggers up the signal from the O2 sensor. Then you've got problems.
              1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Thanks all,

That cleared up that problem

Comment

Working...
                X