Corsa d 1.3 cdti 55kw-video-noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Corsa d 1.3 cdti 55kw-video-noise

Hello il new in this forum but i have a problem that i cant find a solution..

Comment

Because some of us have only just finished work

And there is no information about the mileage of the car, or it's service history.

And because listening to a noise via a video on a computer gives no clue whatsoever as to where the noise is originating in the engine. You really have to have the car in front of you to diagnose noises.

From what is possible to tell from the video clips I suspect there is more than one issue with that engine but I don't like diagnosing noises via video clips. The best thing to do is to either get it looked at by someone who can listen to it properly - ie take it to a workshop. Or buy yourself a mechanic's stethoscope, the type with a metal probe, and put the probe to various parts of the engine. You will be able to hear the internals working that way and it will be easy to track down the source of the noise.
      1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Comment

If an Opel dealership can't track the noise down with the car in front of them to inspect then we don't stand much chance via a video link.

You don't say what the service history is on the car. From the sound of it I'd guess the service history might be incomplete. If the noise comes once the engine is hot then I'd get the oil pressure checked when hot. Oil pressure is maintained by the tolerances within the engine, once wear happens there the oil flows to freely through the gaps and the pressure drops. Whilst I hate diagnosing by video my suspicion is you've got wear in the crankshaft journals which will drop oil pressure leading to the hydraulic lifters not working properly and the timing gear not being properly lubricated.

The 1.3CDTi FIAT engine is not particularly strong. With good servicing they can soldier on for decent mileages but if it is skimped they will fail early. Even with servicing according to Opel/Vauxhall's specifications many fleet users found the engines prone to failure after 60,000 miles.
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
              If an Opel dealership can't track the noise down with the car in front of them to inspect then we don't stand much chance via a video link.

You don't say what the service history is on the car. From the sound of it I'd guess the service history might be incomplete. If the noise comes once the engine is hot then I'd get the oil pressure checked when hot. Oil pressure is maintained by the tolerances within the engine, once wear happens there the oil flows to freely through the gaps and the pressure drops. Whilst I hate diagnosing by video my suspicion is you've got wear in the crankshaft journals which will drop oil pressure leading to the hydraulic lifters not working properly and the timing gear not being properly lubricated.

The 1.3CDTi FIAT engine is not particularly strong. With good servicing they can soldier on for decent mileages but if it is skimped they will fail early. Even with servicing according to Opel/Vauxhall's specifications many fleet users found the engines prone to failure after 60,000 miles.

Comment

Working...
              X