Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] Driver Side Wing Mirror Loose

Hi,

I woke up this morning to find that my driver side wing mirror was hit (probably by a cyclist) and now it is loose from the body. The actual glass is fine, all the electrics still work just the wing mirror is loose from the door panel.

Any ideas on how to tighten it back up?

Thanks.

Retighten the bolts on the inside of the door that go into the wing mirror
    Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Retighten the bolts on the inside of the door that go into the wing mirror
      Forgive me for this noob-ish question. But how do I do that? Are there any pictures or tutorials on this? The door cards must come off?

Comment

THIS IS A VERY LONG THREAD THAT GOES DOWN SOME FALSE TRAILS. I HAVE DONE A SHORTENED VERSION WITH THE FINAL RESULT AS A TUTORIAL. YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK AT THAT FIRST Here is a link How to Fix a loose door mirror - TheCorsa.co.uk Forums

This you tube video might help

I have never done the job on a corsa. You will probably need a torx headed screwdriver or bit. Worth getting a set anyway. But before going ahead with thye door card it may depend on exactly what is loose. I believe that depending on the style of mirror there might also be a single bolt inside the mirror itself that could be the culprit. To access this I think you have to remove the front facing casing of the mirror. It clips in place, but one of the three plastic clips normally breaks as you prise it off, so its not a job you want to attempt unless you are sure its needed. You may find other videos on you tube that will help.
        Last edited by Bugman; 10-05-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Just to add to this, I have a similar problem...no bolts on the inside of the door for the wing mirror, even under the door card
          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

If it was hit it's unlikely to be helped by tightening something, as it being hit won't have gracefully loosened the bolt. I suspect something inside is broken...
            TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Mine was hit, took the outer casing off (snaps a bit of plastic, but it was nothing Harambe Glue couldn't fix!), and i tightened up the 45 Torx that was in there...tight as a tight thing now
              Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Mine was hit, took the outer casing off (snaps a bit of plastic, but it was nothing Harambe Glue couldn't fix!), and i tightened up the 45 Torx that was in there...tight as a tight thing now
                So you managed to fix it? So the opening the door cards doesn't actually help? You have to open the actual wing mirror?

Was your one loose in this red circled area?

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	110634

Comment

Originally posted by jt999 View Post
                  If it was hit it's unlikely to be helped by tightening something, as it being hit won't have gracefully loosened the bolt. I suspect something inside is broken...
                  Thanks for the reply, mine was indeed hit, I was really hoping that nothing was broken inside. I have attached a picture (circled in red) where it came loose from. I will post my actual car wing mirror tomorrow if it helps.

Name:	s-l1000.jpg
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	110634

Comment

Yea, mine was loose there.
                    You need to remove the casing around the main bit of the mirror, FYI, you will break a clip.
                    Take the surround off and you get access to the screw
                    Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Yea, mine was loose there.
                      You need to remove the casing around the main bit of the mirror, FYI, you will break a clip.
                      Take the surround off and you get access to the screw

Sorry for the late reply! Is it like this?

Comment

It was, not its tight and flush again
                        Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

If the base plate is tight against the door panel you shouldnt need to remove the door card. To tighten the mirror to the base plate you need to remove its outer case. But thats very loose. Something may have broken. You may find you need to replace the whole mirror, or the baseplate, or both.

Comment

You can't access the bolt throught he door car.
                            You have to take the outer casing off (which will break a clip, but you can epoxy it back on), then you get full access to the torx screw
                            Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

You can't access the bolt throught he door car.
                              You have to take the outer casing off (which will break a clip, but you can epoxy it back on), then you get full access to the torx screw

Name:	untitled2.jpg
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	110636

So removing the screws in red and pushing the clips in blue will separate the wing mirror cover? Which clip breaks?

Comment

Working...
                              X