Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.7 CDTI - Won't rev past 3k RPM, and poor throttle responsiveness in 2nd gear 1-2k RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D] 1.7 CDTI - Won't rev past 3k RPM, and poor throttle responsiveness in 2nd gear 1-2k RPM

I recently bought a diesel Corsa 1.7 CDTI from a second hand dealer in wales. After the first 500 miles I have noticed the following symptoms; 1) On start-up (cold start) the car struggles to pull in second gear between 1-2k RPM 2) When motorway driving, the car will sometimes slip into limp mode and will not surpass 3k RPM. This can be quite dangerous is moving to overtake. I have searched the internet relentlessly for a solution to this issues have been identified as one of 3 potential things; 1) Faulty MAF sensor - Bought electrical contact cleaner, and then used an OBD sensor to collect data and plot air mass flow vs rpm. This correlated almost exactly.. so I doubt this is the issue. 2) Faulty EGR value - This was replaced before I purchased the car, so Im hoping this is not the issue but I have read that blanking the EGR can improve performance in the scenario I have on a cold start. 3) Cracked hose tubing between the turbo & intercooler In respect of issue 3, I found that the connection between the turbo manifold (component 48) and the hose leading to the intercooler (component 32) appeared not to create a perfect seal when revving. This joint is not air tight under acceleration, and component 32 moves back and forwards roughly 1-3mm. Should this connection have zero give, or is what I have in the video below normal? I have seen a video online that states that once component 32 it removed from 48 - its not possible to reattach it with a successful seal. Video below - is this true? Has anyone had any experience with this? How would I go about tightening the seal.. or do I need to replace the whole of component 32? Any help is greatly appreciated.

As I don't have a manual for your model, I can't really understand what items 48 and 32 are, but obviously this should be air-tight.
    Is the car anything like due for a FULL service? (not the sort of 'service that second hand car dealers give)
    I ask this question because it could make a world of difference if basic things like the air cleaner element and the fuel filter are in good order.
    Are there any fault codes coming up?

Happy new year

Comment

Working...
    X