Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Windscreen wiper problem & P0136

Hi all,

I have a 2006 Corsa C SXI+ and after a morning where it was raining particularly heavily the windscreen wipers now wont return to their parked position and instead rest in the center of the windscreen. They still work however but just wont rest. As annoying as it is I am worried that they will stop working when I need them.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

Alternatively I have been in contact with a garage and they are saying I need a new motor for the wipers and I have been thinking about getting one on the internet and asking them to fit it rather than paying for the parts and labor. Could anyone steer me in the direction of where to acquire one?

I also have the P0136 code so I was thinking of buying a new sensor and asking them to fit that too, is it a good idea? Or does anyone have a fix for this too?

Sorry about all the questions, this is my first car and I just don't want to get mugged off in regards to fixing the problems.

Thanks

The self parking can fail but the wipers will still work fine. It can be an internal fault in the motor or it can sometimes be a wiring issue. I'd check the wiring to the motor first.

But in terms of buying a motor yourself you probably won't save much and if it doesn't work the garage won't give you any comeback on a part you supplied. I'd leave them to sort it if you can't do it yourself.

Also get them to check the cause for the fault code. It's a feedback system so it may be something other than a dud sensor, e.g. An exhaust leak or a failing cat will give the same code.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
    X