Boot stuck/wont open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Boot stuck/wont open

Only happened today but when i unlock the boot the button goes in freely but the boot just wont open anyone ever had this happen and anyway to open the boot or fix the problem?

You know the two key positions on the boot lock? One way disables the boot button from the central locking to stop people opening the boot when you're stopped at traffic lights.

If it's not that then you'll need to climb into the back and remove the hatch trim.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Car doesnt have central locking, i guess i have to climb through the rear seats ��

Comment

From memory the old poverty spec models still had a boot lock that in one position only opened if you physically opened it by turning the key. The other way the boot will open by just pushing the button.
        1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Mine is a dodgy on also where i turn the key clockwise to open but the key gets stuck sometimes.
          I just sprayed alot of Q20.
          I am conscious of it, but i just remember that if my key doesnt turn i try and re-insert the key and turn again.
          My door lock, but thats because they broke in to my car in 2006 to steal my Clarion radio, never replaced it since i just drive with a hole in the ash now it also sounds better.
          Anyways, sometimes in the past when i used to turn my key to unlock the door the whole barrel would just turn and turn and turn i would have to play with it and turn it clock and anti clock wise until it stops and then try again.
          Whata pain, and its worse if you are drunk.

Anyways i have not had those issue for a while now.

Just sharing this with you because you are not the only one.

Comment

Working...
          X