Corsa C Clutch Squeaking/Creak Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Corsa C Clutch Squeaking/Creak Problem

Hi, I'm new to this site and looking for help.

My girlfriends clutch has just started creaking as you slightly put your foot on the clutch and it makes the same noise just before you release the clutch. No noise while it is pushed fully down.

There are no fluid leaks on the pedal and I've taken off the rubber pedal and it's not that as the noise still occurs.

Is this a common problem?

Is there an easy fix?

Please help and explain in detail as I'm a abit of a noob when it comes to this sort of thing.

Thanks

You can get a creak from the pedal itself sometimes. Try spraying the top of the pedal with a bike lubricant, preferably a dry wax type. WD40 may solve it temporarily but it's not really a lubricant so it doesn't last.

Try that first before worrying it's something like the release bearing.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Funny, my pedal started creaking this evening

Comment

Ah - in your case it's probably a gammy leg. Add 1/2 pint of WD40 to your evening Horlicks, that usually sorts it.
        1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Thank you for helping me with this and sorry it's taken so long for me to get back you.

After investigating it seems like the creaking coming from inside the joint above the clutch pedal. There doesn't seem like there is any way I can get to this, it's just very annoying.

I have tried using bike lubricant but it didn't help. At least it's not the clutch itself.

Comment

Keep trying, it's just a case of getting some lubricant into the right spot. Access is always tricky under there so it can take a few attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
              Ah - in your case it's probably a gammy leg. Add 1/2 pint of WD40 to your evening Horlicks, that usually sorts it.
              Nutella mixed with warm milk and a drop of diesel is my evening lubricant of choice
              :-)))

Comment

corsa 130is..

Hi guys I'm new here and seeking help. My corsa engine check light is on. The car starts and idles rough. When you rev it begins to rev and misfires. It idled like a tractor. I then changed the plugs and plug leads. The plugs that came out were black and damaged. The car then idles a little better however still has a bad idle that fluctuated. What could it be. I suspect acrank ssensor and coil pack. What should I do

Comment

Originally posted by Ansel View Post
                  Hi guys I'm new here and seeking help. My corsa engine check light is on. The car starts and idles rough. When you rev it begins to rev and misfires. It idled like a tractor. I then changed the plugs and plug leads. The plugs that came out were black and damaged. The car then idles a little better however still has a bad idle that fluctuated. What could it be. I suspect acrank ssensor and coil pack. What should I do
                  Ansel, right section, but start a new thread rather than adding this to an existing one. Look for the new thread button at the top.

Black plugs can be a couple of things. Black and oily means oil is being burnt in the cylinders which contaminates the plugs and the lambda sensor. It can also mean poor compression.

Black and sooty means an over rich mix. Either a blocked air filter or a failed coolant temperature sensor.

Start a new thread and describe your plugs, or better still post a photo of what they look like.

Comment

Thanks buddy will do. Much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                    X