No announcement yet.

Knocking,clunking noise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Knocking,clunking noise!

Hi all,

I have a 2007 1.4 auto corsa design. Over the past few days it has developed a knocking/clunking noise. It is going around under where my left foot is. Does not happen when turning only when driving straight. I don't beleive it to be suspension related.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks
    chris

Only way to tell is to jack it up, put it on axle stands, and look for whatever is loose. If you feel it mostly where your left foot is it may be steering related - but it's impossible to say for sure as noises often get transmitted through bodywork.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Any noise when you change gear?

On the Corsa C , there is an arm, which is used to support the gear linkage, mounted to the subframe.

It is located roughly where your left foot would be

There is a poor plastic bush in said arm, which tends to wear allowing the arm to knock against the subframe. In addition, it is secured with a single bolt, which (by design?) does not tighten too well against the arm.

Do not know if it is on the Corsa D but it is also something to look out for when you have the car up on the lift or on axle stands.
      Last edited by zuluman; 27-09-2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Would it knock when turning your steering

Comment

Hi . Welcome to the forum

This thread is over 3 years old , If you are getting knocking when turning your steering it may be better to start a new thread describing your noise and when its most likely to happen . There are various possibilities, such as worn roll bar drop link bushes .

Comment

Mine had a similar clunking noise. I replaced A-arm bushings, steering endlinks (tie rods) and almost everything that was suspension related. I also checked the bolt that connects the steering column to the steering rack and discovered the problem. When I turned the steering wheel I could hear the clunking sound and noticed the rod coming out of the steering rack was moving up and down. I had the rack removed and found out the the rack bushing were worn. I've attached a picture on where the problem was. I hope that this helps.

Comment

It adds to the pool of knowledge and may well help some oft the many who are directed to the forums by search engines.

Comment

Working...
              X