Corsa C towbar wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Corsa C towbar wiring

Does anyone know if I fit a towbar to a corsa C (2005) do I have to fit a bypass relay?

If not, is wiring a bar simple? Would I just connect to the wires form the light cluster or similar?

regrads

Not having fitted a towbar to a 'C', I had a look in the Haynes Manual (Never a good thing to do) -Diagram 11 shows all of the trailer connections made to the 'Pre-wired Trailer Connector', with references to the various item diagram numbers (tail lights, R&L indicators, brake lights etc). Unfortunately, it does not say where this 'Pre-Wired Connector is located - presumably it is somewhere at the rear of the car, but I can't say that I have ever come across it.
    Maybe someone else knows where it lives.
    The diagram does not show a relay.

Regards

Comment

yes just tap into existing wires that run along in boot. done a couple and never used bi pass relay

Comment

yes just tap into existing wires that run along in boot. done a couple and never used bi pass relay
        Thank you.

Originally posted by walksall View Post
        Not having fitted a towbar to a 'C', I had a look in the Haynes Manual (Never a good thing to do) -Diagram 11 shows all of the trailer connections made to the 'Pre-wired Trailer Connector', with references to the various item diagram numbers (tail lights, R&L indicators, brake lights etc). Unfortunately, it does not say where this 'Pre-Wired Connector is located - presumably it is somewhere at the rear of the car, but I can't say that I have ever come across it.
        Maybe someone else knows where it lives.
        The diagram does not show a relay.

Regards
        Thanks for the tip.

I have the 05 Corsa but a 00 to 03 Haynes. This does not show anything about trailer connections.

What is the name of your diagram 11 so I can compare it to the diags in the haynes, which I have?

Would love to find this pre wired connector too.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying.
          Diagram 11 is in Chapter 12 (Body Electrical Systems) of Haynes manual number 4617 - At the lower left-hand side of the page, is a box with the heading 'Trailer connector'
          If you do locate it, the connections and colours, reading left to right of the diagram are as follows:
          (2) Black/Blue (Rear fog light circuit). (9) Red (Fuse 4). (1) Black/White (Turn signal circuit). (4) Black/Green (Turn signal circuit). (5) Grey/Red (Tail light circuit). (6) Black/Yellow (Brake light circuit). (7) Grey/White (Tail light circuit). (8) White/Grey (Reversing light circuit). (3&13) Brown (Earth).

Regards

Regards

Comment

Thanks - I will have a look and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
            X