Windscreen wiper issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Windscreen wiper issue

Hi all just a quick noteaftre keeping my ae92 corolla for 25 wonderfull years i let it go and decided on a new corsa design WOW what technology on boardlike driving on air!only problem is the wind screen wiper drivers sideit doesnt clear the whole window is there a fix for this? Ive tried altering the arm position but it keeps catching the pillar is this just a design fault? or can it remedied?call me old fasioned but I like the screen to be as clear as possible with no blind spotsany ideas?I hope that Ive got the right section (bear with me I will get it right eventually)regardsleccie

Hi
    Welcome to the forum.
    On my Corsa d the larger,drivers side, blade parks about 70 mm from the bottom of the screen and wipes to within about 70 mm of the door pillar . There is about 40mm of black sun shading along the side so only 30 mm of clear glass is not wiped. It should not catch the pillar. My car is left hand drive,but unless GM made major mistakes when converting it for right hand drive the principle should be the same.
    Did you try altering the arm position because it was already catching, or is it the result of what you did? What did you do?

The corsa D has a steeply raked windscreen and the pillars are intrusive enough to get negative comments in some reviews. But you do get used to it. It also means you get quite a lot of reflection from the dashboard.

Comment

Hi and thanks for your reply
      I did alter the drivers side wiper arm to get it to wipe the full sweep of the screen and eliminate the blind spot on the right hand side of the screen thats when the problem started
      I reset the wiper arm to its original position and that solved the problem
      still have the blind spot problem though
      going to get some wiper arms from the local " scrappy " and experiment hopefully to a successful conclusion by bending the said wiper arm in some way
      as someone suggested on another vauxhall site
      I suppose as you say I may just have to get used to it

thanks again
      leccie

Comment

is this a Right hand drive (RHD) car?

Have the nearside and offside wiper arms been swapped with each other?

Are the wiper arms on your car actually Corsa D wiper arms? (is is actually brand new or not very old second hand?)

(for clarity: RHD - nearside is passenger's side, offside is driver's side)

Comment

Good luck with the wiper arms.Personally I wouldn't bother unless ,as Zuluman suggests ,they are already non standard or the blades fitting wrongly. The standard wiper arms already come quite close to fouling each other so be cautious of this if modifying them.

Most cars have a door pillar blind spot somewhere which your brain needs to adjust for, including any narrow band of unswept screen. Its just on the corsa d (and I believe the E is the same)the pillars extend further forward than on most cars so its more noticeable until you get used to it. It may also seem worse because the low roof line can be a bit 'in yer face' when looking out of the side window. This improves if you are able to lower the seat height a bit.
          Last edited by Bugman; 24-07-2016, 09:20 AM.

Comment

corsa wipers

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
            Good luck with the wiper arms.Personally I wouldn't bother unless ,as Zuluman suggests ,they are already non standard or the blades fitting wrongly. The standard wiper arms already come quite close to fouling each other so be cautious of this if modifying them.

Most cars have a door pillar blind spot somewhere which your brain needs to adjust for, including any narrow band of unswept screen. Its just on the corsa d (and I believe the E is the same)the pillars extend further forward than on most cars so its more noticeable until you get used to it. It may also seem worse because the low roof line can be a bit 'in yer face' when looking out of the side window. This improves if you are able to lower the seat height a bit.
            Hi thanks for your observations.
            I got 2 original wiper arms off flea bay for 6 sqid inc p/p
            so I may well experiment with them
            the seat is already very low as I am 6foot 3 tall I fit in quite easily surpisingly
            I will let the forum know if I am successful

best
            leccie

Comment

Originally posted by leccie666 View Post
              Hi thanks for your observations.
              I got 2 original wiper arms off flea bay for 6 sqid inc p/p
              so I may well experiment with them
              the seat is already very low as I am 6foot 3 tall I fit in quite easily surpisingly
              I will let the forum know if I am successful

best
              leccie
              Hi all
              my mechanic mate reluctantly bent the wiper arm upwards and reset the park position
              result still wont do full clean on slow wipe but does on full speed
              with water/rain?
              and dosent hit the pillar as yet
              if this works then fine probs sorted

Comment

Working...
              X