Corsa C 1.2 difficult to start then will not rev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Corsa C 1.2 difficult to start then will not rev

Hi any help welcome. I've got a 55 reg 1.2 corsa it's difficult to start but once running ticks over great. Once ticking over it will not rev up at all. I've changed the ECU set and throttle body ( from a mates car) but still the same. I've checked the plug in drivers foot well and that is all fine. HELP PLEASE.

Start with the basic service items - if they're in poor state that will cause poor starting. We can't see the car so you need to tell us when it was last serviced.

It is possible that the drive by wire throttle has packed in. The system consists of 2 potentiometers, one on the throttle pedal and one on the throttle body. The one on the throttle pedal is usually the culprit.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

If I view live data then on pressing accelerator pedal the voltage changes if that means anything?

Comment

I've just found out if I clear all the fault codes then I'm just left with P0560 that will not clear but it starts first turn of key. Still no accelerator But then brings up following codes, p0560,p0403, p0443, p0135, p 1113, p0141, p0571, p0230, with the codes it's hard to start clear them again and it starts no problem. I get EPS light and spanner light. Car ticks over great.

Comment

P0560 is system voltage malfunction. Could be alternator, faulty battery, loose or dirty terminals etc. Several things rely on very precise voltages and variations in voltage and are quite likely to throw up their own fault codes if the basic output from the battery or alternator is wrong.. Taurus can probably help further.

Comment

What is the main voltage reading on diagnostics? The ECU will do some very odd things if the system voltage is low. Check the state of the battery, alternator and earths before anything else. It is possible that the range of codes you are getting may be the consequence of low voltage.
            1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

I've now changed to accelerator pedal still no difference car if I clear codes it starts first turn of key but not rev up at all. Without codes cleared it's difficult to start. The earths all seem clean and tight. I get 14.4v with engine running at the battery and 4.9v on 2 pins at the accelerator. Still in need of help.

Comment

I useless with electrics.

Have you tried unplugging the afm, then starting the car?

Comment

14.4v with the engine running sounds about right.But thats voltage from the alternator. I am far from being an expert. But is it possible the battery is faulty and giving less than 12 volts when resting? This might be enough for engine cranking but low enough to trigger the fault codes before the alternator 'takes over'. And one or more of the fault codes might be putting the car into 'limp mode' affecting starting until they are cleared.
                  Check the battery after it has been resting for a few hours without the engine having been started . Recent activity can give a false reading/surface charge.

Comment

Battery voltage is good as well even after 24 hours. I'm thinking possible broken wire between ecu and throttle body?

Comment

If that was the case your diagnostic wouldn't be showing the voltage changes described above when you operate the pedal. Any chance you can visually check the throttle operation whilst someone operates the pedal?

Comment

I was thinking a broken wire from ecu to throttle body. Are you saying if I take air pipe of top of throttle body and press pedal the butterfly should move even if engine isn't running? Cheers for all the help.

Comment

Is this your car?

Has it just recently started to act in this manner (hard start, no rev)?

Comment

Yes it's my car and yes just started other day. If I clear all the codes it starts first time ticks over fine pushing accelerator does nothing. As I say I've tried another ecu set throttle body and accelerator pedal and still the same.

Comment

Fuel, compression or ignition (and everthing in between :-) )

Thinking compression unlikely

Did you disconnect the MAF as stated above and try?

Check fuel pressure (careful)

Did you/other diver do anything /anything different recently?

Comment

Working...
                              X