Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [All Models] kangaroo

hi all

im having problems at lower revs where it will kangaroo considerably like a first time learner. If you increase the engine revs there's no problem and the car drives perfectly on motorways etc.
    after a 40 mile drive i gone home and done a pedal test and i got a few code:
    15505A

can anyone shed any light on these codes i have just fitted a new GM EGR valve with a blanking plate, the car is a astra h 2005 1.6 twinport life petrel 112k mileage.

a little update

i remembered i just removed the battery and the battery tray to fit a new EGR valve, so i got the op-com out and read all the codes cleared them started the car revived it to 3000 rpm and 2-4 minutes refreshed the codes and i only get 1 now.

p1483 - fan control 3 circuit low voltage

Comment

Funnily enough I've just had something similar, jerky at low rpm. Changed plugs and filters, reset the ecu, still hesitant. Fuel filter, no better. Cleaned the MAF (not a Vauxhall!) no better. Compressions all spot on. Oil and coolant spot on. Still feels like a bad fuel mix so I'm thinking mucky injectors, lob in a dose of fuel system cleaner then take it for a good hard blast and it just got better and better. Running a treat now.

Sometimes the simple things work.
      1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

wow great work and thanks for the reply have you got any ideas what is the best system cleaner to use so i can get one tomorrow and when you say a hard blast at high rpm or mph ? (some people have a different understanding for it).

Comment

Get hold of some Forte fuel system cleaner. Give it 3 or 4 miles to get the engine up to temperature then give it some hard throttle up to 5k rpm.
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

taurus the only one i could find was forte petrol saver which it say fuel system cleaner so i bought that and put it in ran it for 4-5 miles the drive down the straight i was at for about 2-3 minutes at 6 - 7k rpm, i still have the like judder, but now i when i stop at lights and and junctions it is just stalling will start again first try. dont know if this info helps

Comment

i was just wondering what are the symptoms for the swirl flaps i think they are called the little valves in the inlet manifold, i was looking though the service history as i have receipts going back to 2005 and it has not had new once's fitted or anything about cleaning them. so i was wondering could they be the cause of the judder at low revs and the stalling im getting?

Comment

Working...
              X