Need help with MOT result

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Need help with MOT result

1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Originally posted by darsharch View Post

007 tyre has cut in excess of the requirements deep enough to reach the ply or cords nearside front [4.1.D.1a]
      008 tyre not fitted in accordance with the side wall instructions nearside front [4.1.D.1f]

Well there are two problems cured in one - a new tyre

I take it 'not in accordance with instructions on sidewall ' means a possible rotation direction indication was not observed when fitting. - tyre on 'backways' ????

Watch out for that next time if fitting a tyre with rotation indication

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuluman View Post
          Well there are two problems cured in one - a new tyre

I take it 'not in accordance with instructions on sidewall ' means a possible rotation direction indication was not observed when fitting. - tyre on 'backways' ????

Watch out for that next time if fitting a tyre with rotation indication
          last few months ago i drove over a little bollard kinda seperation that seperates the cycle lane to the car lane. since it had no signs or reflectors or which looked like someone ran over it before me and knocked the signs over, i happen to drive over it aswell to avoid hitting a bus which was squeezing in my lane from the right. It is in stratford near the westfield so guys be aware of it cuz the signs still arent there if u happen to drive past someway.
          so then i damaged my front left wheel completely. the wheels was not round it was kinda triangle with semi circle figure. so it was totally busted and the nearby mechanic tried to get it fitted with some hammering tools n all n he said it wont affect my MOT in future. so yeah thats the whole story.
          and yes thanks for advice n will watch out for it next time. ill prolly need to buy the whole set of wheels to pass MOT.

Comment

Also if i was to change my handbrake cable how do i know which one i need because there are different types of em such as (cable front with length 328) and (cable centre right with length 832). it is all confusing to me. how would i know if i have the right cable to replace?
            thanks guys

Comment

If you badly dented a wheel make sure your tracking is checked as part of the suspension repairs. Do you know the handbrake cable needs replacing? The brakes may just need new shoes, linkages cleaned and lubricated and cables adjusted.
              If you do need to replace the cable and specification varies for your model/year you may not know which is correct until the old one is removed and measured/compared with the replacement(s). It may be easier to use a local parts factor rather than mail order. You can either take the removed part in to compare ,or buy both types and get a refund on the unused one.

Comment

Working...
              X