Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Oil leak!

Hi guys,

i recently discovered i have a oil leak, after a while of trying to find its location I found that is coming from the base of the oil filter housing unit. I went and got a new gasket, found the procedure in the Haynes manual. When it came to removing the exhaust manifold to gain access to two of the bolt, I realised that the exhaust mani/Cata converter is compeletly different that that I see in any manuals. It looks like this.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	111647
    Any help on how I would remove this or just get it out the way so I can get to the bolts behind it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    chris
    vauxhall corsa 1.4 auto z14xep

There are 9 (I think - possibly 10) nuts along the top section which are on the studs in the head. Soak them all in something like Plusgas and have replacement nuts available to refit. The top 4 (or 5) are visible, the bottom side 2 are OK, it's the middle 3 you need a long reach socket for. The lower bracket is easy enough and then there are the exhaust flange bolts - soak everything in Plusgas and then give everything a squirt with WD40. The WD40 acts as a dispersant and drives the Plusgas into the nuts / studs / bolts. With exhaust heat you sometimes needs to do that to free them off.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
    X