Corsa B EGR Problems sport 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Corsa B EGR Problems sport 1.4

Hiya all im new to this forum my names scott i own a corsa b sport 1.4 on a w reg and im having some issues

when driving her it randomly misfires and while driving along it will shudder like its out of juice but when you put your foot down it goes away its doing my nuts in here is the faultt code p1405 -000 linear egr system position

Sounds like the EGR is sticking. Best thing is to take it off and clean it - either that or blank it off altogether. You can usually find blanking plates on ebay or make one up.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
      Sounds like the EGR is sticking. Best thing is to take it off and clean it - either that or blank it off altogether. You can usually find blanking plates on ebay or make one up.
      thanks for the reply can i blank mine off i was told you can only do it on sum engines also is there a tutorial on how disassemble and clean?

Comment

You can blank them on these engines.

It's very fiddly to get to, so good luck!

Comment

1. Buy Haynes manual - it's all in there.
          2. Wish you didn't have that engine - the EGR is just about the most awkward to get at of any engine in a Corsa. (So personally I'd blank it and then you know it's sorted permanently.)
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160405_165453.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	110589[ cheers for the response guys is this the egr numbed 3 also what is the other parts ive numbed the parts ive numbed 1 sounds like a hair dryer when working is that normal? also buy blanking the engine does it shorten its life?

Comment

1 & 3 are part of the secondary air intake - designed to get the exhaust gases up to the temperature when the lambda system starts working faster. Blanking won't affect the engine at all. If anything it will run slightly better. You probably won't notice the different to be honest but you will stop spent gases being pumped back into the cylinders. Newer engines have stopped using EGRs because they are so problematical.

Comment

To answer your question, the egr, is hidden under those hoses between the coolant bottle and the engine.

It's very difficult to get to, have to do by feel. Can barely see it, even with bottle, map sensor and top half of inlet removed

Comment

is there a tutorial on blanking egr?

Comment

Comment

I have bought the haynes manual and carnt seem to find it in there?

Comment

Removed
                        Last edited by jt999; 12-04-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Turkish opel parts supplier. Misguided in his marketing tactics.

Comment

Egr is under the coolant bottle plugged in to the head with two torx bolts iirc

Comment

Did the engine management light come on randomly especially when slowing, reversing and stopping? My car also judders mid drive like it slows but then suddenly speeds up?

My corsa is the w reg 1.2 16v sxi. I cant do the paper clip test to get the error code.

Comment

Working...
                              X