Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corsa B 1999 Replacing drive belt and pulley. How do I get the engine mount off??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Corsa B 1999 Replacing drive belt and pulley. How do I get the engine mount off??!

Hi everyone.

I've had my 1999 Corsa B 1.2 for several months after being kindly given it by a relative. Its been a great car and has been a real bonus as I drive 35 miles a day to and from work.

Anyway, the tension pulley on the drive belt has broke, leaving the belt slack and damaged along one side. I've got the replacement pulley and belt... and even bought a set of torx sockets as I didn't have any! My problem is that I can't get the engine mount off to change everything!!

There are 4 bolts, 3 of which are recessed and the space between the bodywork and mount is really tight. I can't see a way around this problem which should be straight forward!

Looking forward to any replies!

Thanks

Ah yes, they are tricky to get at. I use a socket mounted in a ratchet drive with an adapter

Halfords Professional Ratchet Spanner Adaptor Set
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Taurus!

Just one more quick question. Does the engine have to be jacked up or down for access? (I'd rather not move it about if I don't have to.) Or just left supported in its original position?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Just support it in its usual position. What helps is to jack the front o/s up and support on axle stands, then remove the wheelarch panel. That gives you much better access to the tensioner. It is possible to do it without doing this but releasing the tensioner and inserting the locking pin is a bit hit and miss.
        1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Thanks for the advice, its going to be a great help.

To be honest, I couldn't find any youtube videos or decent information on the subject. Which I found odd, for such of pain of a job!

Comment

Be sure to place a piece of thickish plywood (or similar) between the jack and the sump to distribute the weight of the engine over a greater area of the sump.
            Regards

Comment

Thanks walksall. Will do

Comment

Working...
              X