No announcement yet.

Corsa D 1.3 cdti will not start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Corsa D 1.3 cdti will not start.

Hi I am a newbie to the forum. I hope someone can help.
    I have a 2008 corsa D 1.3 cdti. It had been going into limp mode at high revs, and EML iluminating. Turn off engine leave for a minute or two then would be fine, until the next time. Got codes read came up with turbo overboost, boost sensor. ordered new boost sensor, but before i had fitted it the mrs drove to work left car all day, then when she left work would not start, it turns over fires once and immediately stops again. Towed it home, checked codes. result no fault codes. Was told it was probably Ecu water damage. so sent it away for testing and have been told today ecu is fine. Can anyone suggest what i should check and in what order to eliminate what it could be causing the non starting. The code reader i used is the Delphi ds150 e ( chinese clone). Hope you may be able to help cheers Dave

I assume you've checked the obvious - filters, no signs of leaks in the fuel system (they can leak down overnight which makes starting a pain), glow plugs working. There isn't much information but for some reason there's an itch at the back of my neck saying check the timing. If the chain wears and slips it often shows up on starting - ie it suddenly won't.

Depends a bit on mileage and service history (which we don't know) - was it at all noisy in the chain area?
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Thanks for quick reply will check timing. etc tommorrow. There was no chain noise , and only done about 80,000 miles.I am awaiting return of ecu so i can refit and start to check other thing now i know ecu is ok. thanks again

Comment

Hi Just a quick update, refitted ecu, still no start but then started to disconnect sensors one at a time. Hey presto, with egr unplugged car started and ran really rough for about 20 seconds, which was an improvement. So I removed the three torx screws on egr valve actuator, and found valve jammed in the wide open position. WD40 pair of pliers on the stem which protrudes, give it some beans in and out and twisting motion, to free it up until I could press with finger and then it would snap shut when released. Reassemble and she fired straight up and ran sweet as a nut. Am now going to remove egr valve completely to clean it thoroughly. So thanks for all the posts on this forum that i studied to try to get an idea what to do to cure the problem.Keep up the good work thanks again. One happy corsa driver

Comment

I thought that ECU should tell is EGR is stuck open or closed. I've read the codes with opcom in my Astra, my friend had similar problem. In both cases, EGR change helped (I bought second hand one for 10 quid)

Comment

Originally posted by zonk1 View Post
            I thought that ECU should tell is EGR is stuck open or closed. I've read the codes with opcom in my Astra, my friend had similar problem. In both cases, EGR change helped (I bought second hand one for 10 quid)
            They should, but they don't always recognise the problem.
            1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
            X