• Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Water Pump Change - Looking for a Part Name

Click image for larger version

Name:	CorsaCWaterpump001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	111633

I'm trying to identify the part circled in red, but no diagram or manual (that I've seen - though I am probably missing something) can name it. I know there's a sensor in there, but I'm not quite sure what it's for. It needs replacing (I recently changed my water pump (with some great help from this forum and its posters!) and one of the screws span a head, resulting in a break as I tried to remove it from the old pump to fit to the new.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Spinte; 15-02-2016, 10:20 PM.

That's your coolant temperature sensor. Well the bit in the middle is anyway. The red circle is covering the top of the water pump - the pipe to the left is a coolant pipe to the throttle body.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Thanks, but I probably should have been more specific. I need the name of the part that houses the sensor. A new gasket came with the pump for it, but I had to remove the old thermostat and that other bit myself.

Comment

Wow, what a morning. I called Vauxhall for advice, and they said they no longer stock the part I was after. However, I went to my local scrap merchant - Charles Trent Ltd | Leaders in Vehicle Recycling (they do a pick a part scheme - you go in with tools, find the car you want, strip whatever you need and then pay a reduced amount for it on the understanding that the parts may not necessarily work - thankfully I have no issues with that as my coolant sensor is interchangeable and I only need the housing for it.)

They couldn't tell me the name of the part and sold it to me as a coolant sensor. I find it weird that this specific housing has no name, nor do Vauxhall stock it in for such a common car.

Comment

There is a limit to how long manufacturers stock parts that are not regularly needed as consumables or for repairs. Yours must be considered well on its way to becoming a classic car! They might have had it listed and described in an old microfiche parts catalogue but there was no point in checking.

In my youth I spent many hours climbing on precarious stacks of cars removing parts. I had thought letting customers loose with a spanner was a thing of the past. Health and safety ,toolboxes leaving heavier than they arrived etc. Pleased to hear it is still possible.
          Last edited by Bugman; 16-02-2016, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
            There is a limit to how long manufacturers stock parts that are not regularly needed as consumables or for repairs. Yours must be considered well on its way to becoming a classic car! They might have had it listed and described in an old microfiche parts catalogue but there was no point in checking.

In my youth I spent many hours climbing on precarious stacks of cars removing parts. I had thought letting customers loose with a spanner was a thing of the past. Health and safety ,toolboxes leaving heavier than they arrived etc. Pleased to hear it is still possible.

Comment

Temperature sensor housing sounds good enough to me.

Comment

Working...
              X