Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Engine Swap Thread....but different !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Another Engine Swap Thread....but different !

Hi all,

my first post here, and its about an engine swap.....but please don't think its the typical 'cant read, wont read' type thing.

I have done a number of swaps before on different makes of cars, I have and still do work on cars from the 60's and 70's right through to tuning and getting the laptop out on modern cars of the last 10 years.

I have a situation that isn't really covered in what I have read so far, maybe it is somewhere, but I have found it so far. I have been offered a Corsa B for nothing, and thought i'd have a play. C20XE was the normal engine swap in my day, but I guess they are pretty rare now, so may look at a newer alternative.

So, my question....well the Corsa I've been given is a 1.7 diesel with the Isuzu (I believe) engine. Now in my mind this shouldn't be an issue, I'm changing the engine anyway, and the fuel pump will be replaced, and its not going to be difficult to get a petrol fuel tank and pipework etc. But, am I going to have extra work around engine mount points, the gearbox (as I may keep the diesel one as it should be relatively strong, although an F20/F28 is more likely), the diameter of the filler cap, and any of the wiring loom?

Thanks for reading through, happy to help others if I can

Andy

Engine mounts on the diesel shell are in diffrent places so would require extra work and modifications

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy View Post
      Engine mounts on the diesel shell are in diffrent places so would require extra work and modifications
      Thanks for the reply. Are the mounts direct on the shell, or is there some sort of subframe or anything that could be swapped out with a petrol version? I don't have a problem making up mounts, in fact there was always going to be modifications to fit a new engine in anyway, just the less fabrication work the better really.

Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X