coolant drain,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] coolant drain,

It looks like there is no antifreeze in my Corsa B. What is best Blue or Red ? Also I will need to drain the rad to accommodate the antifreeze, is there a drain tap anywhere or will I have to remove the bottom hose ? thanks Colin...

As far as I remember, the bottom hose is the best method of draining it. Not sure on which coolant type is best.
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Yup - no drain fitted so release the lower radiator hose. From new it should have had red antifreeze but you can use blue. Red is better as it lasts for 5 years, blue needs replacing every 2 years. Do not mix the two. Red is safe for use in most cars from 1990 onwards, blue is universal. Since you can't totally drain the system give it a good flush with a hose to clear out as much of the old stuff as possible.

Refill very very slowly if it's the chain-drive engine as there's no way to bleed them and they airlock easily. The old 8v engines you can bleed via the temp sender on the inlet manifold.
      1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
      X