factory imobiliser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] factory imobiliser

Hi Did the corsa B come with a factory fitted immobiliser, there is nothing on the key, just a little light for when its dark and you cant see the keyhole..... Cheers, Colin....

If you separate the key cap you should find a tiny little chip in there if it's a model with an immobiliser.
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Cheers mate, nothing in the key but a battery for the little light, so I guess no immobiliser ..

Comment

I'm pretty sure anything with the later key, which you have if there's a light, would have had an immobiliser.
        The chip is tiny, it's difficult to see and easy to lose. Located in a corner on the key side.

Comment

Early 8v engines used to have a key with a light but no immobiliser. You are looking at pre 1996 reg cars. Anything after then generally has an immobiliser.
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
            I'm pretty sure anything with the later key, which you have if there's a light, would have had an immobiliser.
            The chip is tiny, it's difficult to see and easy to lose. Located in a corner on the key side.
            Found it, little chip in the key. So I have immobiliser.

Comment

Easiest way to find out is to pop the chip out and try and start the car without it. It should start then cut out within seconds.
              Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Working...
              X