Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Oil leak, Oil change and a few other question

Hello all,

Long story short - 2months ago I bought a Corsa 07 reg 1.2 diesel, it was for a very very good price, but i was told it will need some tlc, but it's not a problem as I like fixing things. Now I have decided to do a full oil change so I went under the car and I've seen a nice oil leak:-
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150830_10_39_25_Pro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	111601

As you can see in the picture above that it looks like I'm missing a bolt and it's oily everywhere.

Name:	WP_20150830_10_39_32_Pro.jpg
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	111602

Another picture of the oil leak above.

Name:	WP_20150830_10_39_51_Pro.jpg
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	111603

In the picture above I've wanted to show everything from a different perspective, also looks like I'm missing another bolt.

Can someone see where this oil leak could be coming from and how could I fix it? Also what bolts I'm missing and why are they missing?

Name:	WP_20150830_10_40_20_Pro.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	111604

As I have not got a lot of experience with Corsas can anyone see what else could be wrong that I should look into? Also where can I find the oil filter as it's not in the manual and I can't find anything online.

Please help.

The oil filter is a paper element within the combined filler - filter - cooler assembly. You need to remove the black plastic cap to the right of the oil filler. Don't use excess force, it may look like a big nut but it's only plastic and the seal is made by a rubber washer.

Not sure which missing bolts you're thinking about - some of the places you may think a bolt is missing may be fitted from the side not shown on your photo and some may not have anything fitted at all on some models. It's usual for some bolts holes to be present that don't have anything in them due to changes in model spec or they may be from assembly procedures.

That oil leak doesn't look worth bothering about - it's usual for engines to show signs of seepage as the miles clock up. Only if it's dripping all the time would you start to think about doing something about it. My Viva regularly leaves a slick wherever it goes but it doesn't make much difference to the oil level.

Treat the sump before it rots through - a bit more of oil leak would actually do it good!

Make sure the engine gets a good hot fast run regularly, they don't like being chugged around town despite what they are sold as.

Also - no idea what you paid for it but don't go spending loads on it other than basic maintenance. The FIAT engine fitted to the Corsa 1.3CDTi is a notorious for being Ok when running but too complicated for its own good when it goes wrong. Problems can get expensive very quickly so run it as cheap as you can and it if goes wrong get rid and buy a petrol engined one.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
    X