Corsa d 1.2 abs pump no o/s/f brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Corsa d 1.2 abs pump no o/s/f brakes

Hi all new to this forum have posted this in another forum as well.Ive had my corsa d 1.2 2010 for a year now and have recently
    noticed it pulling to the left when braking
    i checked the brakes all round and found that the drivers side front was not getting any brake fluid to it i have tried
    bleeding the brakes and when i loosen the nipple for this one the brake peddle stays hard i have traced the brake line back
    to the abs pump and when removed there its dry no fluid coming out where this pipe goes although there is fluid out of the
    other 3 brake pipes out of abs pump does anybody have any idea what this could be i was thinking new abs pump but have seen
    a post on another forum from a few months ago that tried that and didnt work.
    Things tried so far:-
    ive changed brake master cylinder
    changed brake fluid
    checked all relevant pipes are clear
    check all recalls are up to date with car
    checked diagnostics with no error codes
    Really stumped with this one any ideas would be much appreciated thanks.
    Last edited by ally1892; 14-07-2015, 05:24 PM.

Welcome to the Forum.

Struggling to grasp this one a bit.
    If the car pulls to the right when braking, it means that the N/S (NEAR) side front brake is lacking in performance and that the OFF side brake is in fact working.
    Just imagine that the O/S/F wheel is locked, then the N/S/F will 'push' the car to the right.

Does ate ABS light come 'on' and is there any strange noises when you brake?

Sorry for the questions and no answers.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by walksall View Post
      Welcome to the Forum.

Struggling to grasp this one a bit.
      If the car pulls to the right when braking, it means that the N/S (NEAR) side front brake is lacking in performance and that the OFF side brake is in fact working.
      Just imagine that the O/S/F wheel is locked, then the N/S/F will 'push' the car to the right.

Does ate ABS light come 'on' and is there any strange noises when you brake?

Sorry for the questions and no answers.

Regards
      Hi walksall thanks for replying i should have said that the car was pulling to the left when braking as you have said sorry i will edit the post as far as the abs light or strange noises there havnt been any at all im stumped with this one myself

Comment

To be honest the most logical next step is to replace the abs unit. If you'd only said there was no fluid at the caliper I'd have suggested checking the flexi first, but if the pipe out of the abs unit is dry then that's the most likely source of the problem.
        1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
          To be honest the most logical next step is to replace the abs unit. If you'd only said there was no fluid at the caliper I'd have suggested checking the flexi first, but if the pipe out of the abs unit is dry then that's the most likely source of the problem.
          Thanks for the reply Taurus if i replace the abs unit does it need to be reprogrammed or can i get one from scrapyard and its just a straight swap over

Comment

Have a look through this Vauxhall Workshop Manuals > Corsa D > H Brakes > ABS 8 > Repair Instructions > Control unit for ABS hydraulic modulator, replace (ABS 8.1; ESP 8.1 ESP)

I know you said you've checked all recalls are up to date in which case it sounds like the valve inside the unit that has failed, build quality on the D isn't all it should be. But they was a recall on them for the ABS unit so make sure that's been done if yours is affected.
            1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Thanks Taurus i have phoned my local vauxhall dealer and am waiting on them getting back to me it looks like if i change the abs unit i need tech 2
              to program it so if no word back from the dealer on recalls ill have to take it to my mechanic and accept defeat on this one either way thankyou for
              your help and when i get an update or get it fixed i will report back here what the problem was thanks

Comment

hi for anyone who has this same problem it turned out to be what Taurus suggested an abs problem i bought an abs pump and module of fleabay out of a 2014 model with same part number and it worked no problem without the need for tech11 programming hope this helps someone in the future and many thanks again for all your help on here

Comment

Originally posted by ally1892 View Post
                  hi for anyone who has this same problem it turned out to be what Taurus suggested an abs problem i bought an abs pump and module of fleabay out of a 2014 model with same part number and it worked no problem without the need for tech11 programming hope this helps someone in the future and many thanks again for all your help on here
                  Bringing up an old thread think my mate is having the same issue. How long is the part number and where can it be found?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

I would suggest that you have a look for the part numbers on the Auto Vaux website catalogue. You will need to put in the vehicle details to make sure that you find the correct part.
                    These people sell genuine Vauxhall parts, but are generally cheaper than buying the parts from a Main Dealer.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                    X