ac removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] ac removal

Right so another rookie question! I am wanting to strip my ac from my 1.2 16v, just unsure how! I know about getting a smaller belt, but what can be removed in the dash/engine bay? Kind of looking for a tutorial here so any help is welcomed!
    Thanks

Bit behind glovebox can be removed, but you need to weld a plate on the firewall or water will get in the gap. Pointless mod really in most cases

Comment

Will have to get it degassed first If there is any in system

Never understood why you would want it removed though

Comment

Weight reduction YO!

Comment

Yeah a bit of weight reduction! I never use it so I'm going take it out. Other than the shorter belt what else do I need to buy? Somthing about an engine mount? Anyone got a guide or sort of step by step tutorial on it? What needs to be taken off or what can be taken off?
          Also when re fitting the belt is the position important orrr?
          Thanks guys.

Comment

Seems like a lot of effort and cost for a weight difference you'll never notice tbh.

Comment

Completely pointless.

Comment

I took it out of my old corsa, but purely to make way for the bigger engine as space was really tight.
                Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Working...
                X