Gearbox oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Gearbox oil

Hi does anyone know if I can use w85/90 in my f15 box .I changed the oil with full synthetic bot402 w 75 but box is very noisy now

And also started leaking oil through release bearing seal after oil change

Comment

Last time I did one I used 80/90 and that was fine. You can put ATF in them as well.
      1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

I put the 90 in its still abit noisy tho .any advice on hydraulic lifters I put new ones in after the head was reconed .but the tapping like crazy

Comment

Did you check the new lifters were moving freely before fitting - they should be ok from the supplier but you can get the odd one that is stuck. Usual thing is to soak them in oil then operate them by hand to make sure they are moving right. Also put plenty of oil into the cam area before initial fire up.

Why did you replace them? If the originals were noisy there may be an oil feed problem, either weak oil pressure or a blockage in the feed. Most of the time hydraulic lifters fail due to a problem elsewhere so fitting new ones doesn't solve the original problem.
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

What happened is my motor blew so I got a recon sub unit and got the head reconed was told by the mechanic I need to replace the valves and lifters .I replaced the valves.lifters.rockers .I haven't done a oil pressure test on the new motor yet .but it has a new oil pump .I didn't sock them and didn't check if the are moving free .as this was the first time iv changed lifters .thanx for you input

Comment

Originally posted by silentslayer19 View Post
              Hi does anyone know if I can use w85/90 in my f15 box .I changed the oil with full synthetic bot402 w 75 but box is very noisy now
              Hi,

Can I have your Year, engine size and BHP of the Corsa please?

Cheers
              Oilman

Comment

Hi oilman It's a 2005 corsa gamma 1.4 injection

Comment

Hi

An 85w-90 is too thick and is likely to lead to stiff gear changes.

You need an MTF for the gearbox and the best proven options are the Red Line MTL or Fuchs Sintofluid. The Millers TRX 75w-80, Pentosin MTF and 75w-80, Valvoline and Motul Motylgear are good alternatives.

75w-80 Gearbox Oil| 75w-85 SAE Gear Oil | MTL | MTF

Cheers

Tim

Comment

Thanx 4 your reply I've already put 90 in it seems fine still abit noisy tho so will 90 be ok to use for now

Comment

It will probably be okay for now, but not ideal.

Cheers

Tim

Comment

Working...
                      X