No announcement yet.

Maf Sensor Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Maf Sensor Problem?

Hi guys, I've had a few problems with my corsa b 1.0, when pulling away or driving slow-ish there's no power at all, then it shoots off quickly and goes back to normal. The eml is on all the time unless I give it plenty of revs, then it goes off for about 30 seconds.
    I was told it could be the egr, replaced it - still the same problems.

From research I've seen it could be the maf sensor, anyone know how to disconnect it? There's an electrical plug on it that doesn't want to come off and 2 odd looking bolts holding it in place.
    Would really appreciate any help!

Got it unplugged in the end, it drove the same, any other ideas what it could be?

Comment

Any fault codes?

Comment

Originally posted by CorsaEdi View Post
        Any fault codes?
        Nope, haven't got a reader and you can't do the paper clip test on the 1 litre

Comment

Pedal test?

Comment

Originally posted by CorsaEdi View Post
            Pedal test?
            Pretty sure you can't do the pedal test on b's, not 100% sure though

Comment

You can try for nothing lol

Comment

You can't. If you've got a laptop buy opcom.

If the EML is on you need to read the codes before doing anything else.

An alternative is to buy a bluetooth code reader and the torque app for a smartphone / tablet.

I know opcom reads the 12v engine fine, I haven't tried the torque app on them - might have to try that just for fun.
                1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus View Post
                  You can't. If you've got a laptop buy opcom.
                  Ok, thanks for the help, any idea how much opcom costs?

Comment

Have a look on ebay - it's dirt cheap. Just avoid the overseas sellers where it can take weeks to arrive and then not work properly.
                    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Have a look on ebay - it's dirt cheap. Just avoid the overseas sellers where it can take weeks to arrive and then not work properly.
                      Not sure what you mean by dirt cheap, different people have different meanings i suppose lol.
                      Cheapest I could find is €50 posted to me - Vauxhall/Opel Opcom V1.45 OBD for Astra Zafira Vectra Insignia and Corsa Models | eBay
                      Last edited by 12V_Neil; 20-06-2015, 09:02 PM.

Comment

You'll find it cheaper than that. Unless delivery to Ireland adds a shedload of costs?

Comment

You'll find it cheaper than that. Unless delivery to Ireland adds a shedload of costs?
                          Postage to Ireland is usually expensive enough, pretty annoying that it's so much cheaper to the uk, which is right next door!

Found this for €35 delivered (€7 postage) NEW 2014 Car Auto Diagnostic Tool for for Opel Op-com V1.45 Scanner | eBay

Guessing this wouldn't work because it's obdII? OBD2 II 16pin OP COM V1 45 Diagnostica Diagnosi Scanner Interfaccia Scan Opel | eBay

Comment

Comment

Got the codes read, apparently the idle control valve is stuck at 4 degrees, it won't open or close. Would the icv make a difference to anything when the car's not idling?

Comment

Working...
                              X