58' corsa cdti 1.3 ecoflex mystery pipe disconnected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] 58' corsa cdti 1.3 ecoflex mystery pipe disconnected

hi there, new to the forum just wondering we have a pipe under the engine (drivers side) that is disconnected???? bout 2 foot long with one end blocked with a hex shaped stop?

i'll try and get a picture if it helps

thanks

http://postimg.org/image/7gr6n9nzf/

http://postimg.org/image/3py8dklxt/

http://postimg.org/image/ov197bzcb/
    Last edited by busman; 30-05-2015, 01:41 PM.

hi. Just wanted to say welcome to a near namesake! I too have a 1.3 cdti but cannot check as its 1500 miles from where I am now. I am not sure what the pipe is. Someone may know the answer.It looks like its factory sealed so it probably nothing to worry about. It is quite common for manufacturers to pre- install certain pipes and wiring etc on every body even though some may be redundant on certain trim levels.Its often cheaper just to stick the pipe on every car while its easy, rather than having to plan the custom build at an earlier stage or faffing around later fitting it on some cars. It could be something required on a car with climate control, but not one with ordinary aircon, or some such.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
      hi. Just wanted to say welcome to a near namesake! I too have a 1.3 cdti but cannot check as its 1500 miles from where I am now. I am not sure what the pipe is. Someone may know the answer.It looks like its factory sealed so it probably nothing to worry about. It is quite common for manufacturers to pre- install certain pipes and wiring etc on every body even though some may be redundant on certain trim levels.Its often cheaper just to stick the pipe on every car while its easy, rather than having to plan the custom build at an earlier stage or faffing around later fitting it on some cars. It could be something required on a car with climate control, but not one with ordinary aircon, or some such.
      thanks, also the car has done roughly 75k miles and has lost quite alot of torque from standing & low in revs than it had when we bought it, just been serviced new fuel filter/air filters etc , i was wondering what other measures could i take to get it back to its best?

maybe clean the turbo? how difficult is this? where is this situated
      egr valve ? again is this difficult also what does it look like
      exhaust inlet ? same difficult situated etc

would the ecu need resetting if i disconnected these parts?

i had a golf gti that i cleaned a part that had a flappy open/closed round circle? (cant remember name) that had carbon/soot etc all around it, but made a big difference in the cars throttle response.

again thanks for the reply

Comment

Best bet is to get hold of the Haynes manual, it will guide you through taking those parts off - pays for itself first time you use it.

Alternatively, use Google to look for what the bits look like and where they are.

The 1.3CDTi is a bit notorious for not being as reliable once they're past 60k, depends on how well they're looked after and what kind of driving you do. If you're losing low end grunt the first thing I'd do is to blank off the EGR. Leave it connected, you can map it out but not real need to. You'll get an occasional EML on but just ignore it.
        1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

i had a golf gti that i cleaned a part that had a flappy open/closed round circle? (cant remember name) that had carbon/soot etc all around it, but made a big difference in the cars throttle response.

again thanks for the reply
          Butterfly valve on the throttle body?
          Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

Its an italian diesel made by Fiat and may benefit from the occasional "Italian tuneup" . By this I mean giving it an occasional good revving by holding onto lower gears longer than you might normally.This can help keep cloggy flappy bits cleaner for longer. Mine seems to run better on a premium diesel (The stuff that costs more and not always available, not just ordinary stuff with a fancy sounding brand name).This has a higher cetane rating and more cleaning agents to keep your injectors etc cleaner. But at low revs the engine is still sounds like a bag of spanners compared to my Toyota diesel .

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Butterfly valve on the throttle body?
              yes think it was that made a noticeable difference even though it was quite clean, whats the equivilent on the corsa , any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
                Its an italian diesel made by Fiat and may benefit from the occasional "Italian tuneup" . By this I mean giving it an occasional good revving by holding onto lower gears longer than you might normally.This can help keep cloggy flappy bits cleaner for longer. Mine seems to run better on a premium diesel (The stuff that costs more and not always available, not just ordinary stuff with a fancy sounding brand name).This has a higher cetane rating and more cleaning agents to keep your injectors etc cleaner. But at low revs the engine is still sounds like a bag of spanners compared to my Toyota diesel .
                yes have done that, however still feel like it needs a good clean to certain parts that could get carbon/soot build up, just dont know the parts names to google

thanks

Comment

The EGR is the exhaust gas recirculation valve,but you can google it just on EGR . The thing that clogs on the turbo is I believe the Turbo waste gate valve, or its actuator . Its at the front of the engine. If you just google 1.3cdti turbo, loads of images come up

Comment

Most of the cars that iv'e had have been diesels and I found using Millers diesel fuel additive kept the motors running in good nick.
                    Just a pity vauxhall stopped fitting the Isuzu units in their cars,I had them in the Nova and the early Corsa and they were great little engines,never ever had a problem with them.

Comment

Originally posted by busman View Post
                      yes think it was that made a noticeable difference even though it was quite clean, whats the equivilent on the corsa , any idea?
                      It'll also have a butterfly valve on the throttle body.
                      Like me...feed me likes!

Comment

I think the pipe your looking at goes onto the bottom of the airbox to remove any moisture/water

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran25 View Post
                          I think the pipe your looking at goes onto the bottom of the airbox to remove any moisture/water
                          This was from 2015 so probably resolved by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          TheCorsa's friendly predator

I like my women like I like my laptop. Thin, virus free and on my lap

Comment

Originally posted by jt999 View Post

This was from 2015 so probably resolved by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Didnt even look:L just stumbled across it looking for somthing:L

Comment

Working...
                            X