No announcement yet.

Boot won't lock with key fob or key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [All Models] Boot won't lock with key fob or key?

Hi all,

I purchased a Vauxhall Corsa Comfort 1.2 16V the other day and noticed the boot won't lock.
    I've tried locking it with the key fob, this doesn't lock the boot. I tried using the key but once the key is inserted, you can't turn it.

Does anyone know what this problem might be?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

What model Corsa is it?
    Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Corsa Comfort 1.2 16V 2001

Comment

It sounds like the lock may have jammed if you are unable to turn it with a key. Can you gain access to the lock via the inside of the boot?
        Please contact me via PM if you would like to transfer your AllCorsa Gold Membership over to our VIP Membership. It's completely free to do so.

Comment

Another possibility is the tailgate has been replaced, complete with a lock from another car.

Comment

Never thought of that

Comment

I do a lot of thinking,but not much doing !! . Another possibility . Does the car have central locking? If this is not working its possible someone tried to fix it by fitting a used lock. When this didnt work they couldnt be bothered to investigate further or change the lock over again. If the boot locks ok with central locking, and you can open the boot when the car is unlocked its probably not worth worrying too much about the key.Personally I have only very rarely used a key on the boot of a central locking car. If central locking doesnt work try and fix this rather than sorting out a new key/lock.
              And yet another possibility.If any central locking is activated by an electronic 'blip' key rather than physically locking a door does the key work ok on the side doors? If not it may mean the steering lock is the replacement and the original keys have been lost. This is more serious because if central locking packs up ( flat car or key battery for instance), you will have trouble getting into the car.
              Or maybe it just needs a squirt of wd40
              Last edited by Bugman; 12-05-2015, 07:52 AM. Reason: slow thinker

Comment

The person isn't bothering to reply, so I'm not sure why you are

Comment

Nothing wrong with being helpful.

Comment

Of course not, but the OP obviously isn't bothering to reply so has fixed it, or isn't reading anyway

Comment

It is a shame that so many posters dont update if they find a solution. But one day it may help someone with the same problem who finds it on an internet search. Anyway its raining here.

Comment

Hi guys,

Really sorry for not respoding!! I work week on, week off.

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
                        I do a lot of thinking,but not much doing !! . Another possibility . Does the car have central locking? If this is not working its possible someone tried to fix it by fitting a used lock. When this didnt work they couldnt be bothered to investigate further or change the lock over again. If the boot locks ok with central locking, and you can open the boot when the car is unlocked its probably not worth worrying too much about the key.Personally I have only very rarely used a key on the boot of a central locking car. If central locking doesnt work try and fix this rather than sorting out a new key/lock.
                        And yet another possibility.If any central locking is activated by an electronic 'blip' key rather than physically locking a door does the key work ok on the side doors? If not it may mean the steering lock is the replacement and the original keys have been lost. This is more serious because if central locking packs up ( flat car or key battery for instance), you will have trouble getting into the car.
                        Or maybe it just needs a squirt of wd40
                        The car does have central locking - you can use the key fob to lock the doors but it doesn't seem to lock the boot.
                        Key works perfectly fine on side doors - no problems there.

I'm gonna try the WD40 plan tonight and hopefully that might help.

Thanks everyone for your responses - I have been reading them just haven't had time to reply, sorry!

Comment

Thanks for replying. It might be a problem with the electrical side of the boots central locking. Once owners get used to central locking they seldom use a key in locks.(My corsa d only has one 'keyhole' -on the drivers door.) Its quite possible the 'keyhole' part of the lock is jammed through lack of use and wd40 might sort it. Best of luck.
                          And for browsers from the future (or antipodeans) If its winter the lock may be frozen.
                          Last edited by Bugman; 13-05-2015, 10:04 AM. Reason: Constant stream of new ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Bugman View Post
                            Thanks for replying. It might be a problem with the electrical side of the boots central locking. Once owners get used to central locking they seldom use a key in locks.(My corsa d only has one 'keyhole' -on the drivers door.) Its quite possible the 'keyhole' part of the lock is jammed through lack of use and wd40 might sort it. Best of luck.
                            And for browsers from the future (or antipodeans) If its winter the lock may be frozen.
                            Awesome - I didn't get a chance to do the WD40 last night as it's hammering it down with rain here

Will hopefully get around to it at some point this week - will let you know the results

Comment

Working...
                            X