Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's this vid/pics showing wrong with my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] What's this vid/pics showing wrong with my car?

Here is a pic of the oil filler cap and dipstick. Not good.

The coolant bottle is pressurised even after leaving it over night.

What could be the issue? Is it just hg related?

Smoke from exhaust:
    View My Video

The thing that is annoy me is if I release the pressure from the coolant and top it up it runs sweet as a nut. Once the pressure builds it struggles to start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kev.

Is that with the engine warm or cold?

Comment

Thats the engine cold, worryingly...

Comment

Head gasket likely gone looking that thick. If it's only a little on the top of the oil cap I'd say condensation but your coolant is looking pretty crap too.

In the past I have got away with some K seal and an oil change and it's been fine. Might be worth a try and you could be lucky but it will likely be the head gasket.
        [CENTER]Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
        Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
        Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
        Torque: how far you take the wall with you.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by tomush View Post
          Head gasket likely gone looking that thick. If it's only a little on the top of the oil cap I'd say condensation but your coolant is looking pretty crap too.

In the past I have got away with some K seal and an oil change and it's been fine. Might be worth a try and you could be lucky but it will likely be the head gasket.
          Where's the coolant? Top pic is engine oil on dipstick i thought.

Comment

Sorry, for some reason I thought that was the coolant bottle in the first pic

Either way, It's likely to be coolant/water on the dipstick if the HG has gone

Comment

If it was just coolant in the oil I'd say check the timing cover seal behind the water pump, but with the coolant system pressurising it's sounding like a HG problem. Bad news.

Probably accounts for your misfire as well.
              1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Not good. The person i got it from said, i would never have sold a car knowing it had overheated and lie about it (because i asked her that). She said she can guarantee me this car has not overheated unless it has a thermostat issue.

It seems to get up to temp and stay there for me so id tend to believe her.

Will it be worth getting a headgasket kit from the bay and changing it, giving it a service and seeing how it goes? Or is this too far gone and need skimming, timing gaskets etc?

Just wondering what my next move should be.

Comment

Probably easier and potentially cheaper in the long run to replace the engine as you don't know the condition inside

Comment

1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
                    X