mot failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] mot failure

Sold even as spares or repair they still get good money on ebay - if you want shut of it.

I'm not sure why you MOT'd it if it was done in November. I know the one in November was dodgy, but they aren't things which make it unsafe as such. You've got a valid MOT for another 7 months. Unless you only wanted it for the rally and have no use for it otherwise.

It's all fixable -
    ABS is most likely just the sensor mounts,
    the headlamp aim is usually a plastic mount on the bottom of the unit which snaps off - very very common MOT failure point and very cheap to fix,
    hazard lights - not sure what you mean because as you describe it they're working? But switches and relays are easy enough to test and replace.

So my advice - if you want to keep it the fixes aren't really that expensive.
    If you want shut - advertise it on ebay as spare or repair with a valid MOT until Nov. Be honest with the faults - I bet you'd get a fair chunk of your money back on it.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

hi, the mot was a case of lack of communication my p6 was booked in but decided to swap the corsa into the slot and have a good safety check as there was one or two bits that I was bothered about having looked up the past mot's and what it had failed on and seen the repairs. As I was going to do a lot of miles all through Europe I wanted to make sure it was 100%. Unfortunately when the garage swapped the corsa for the p6 in the book they didn't cross out the mot bit and the person I had spoken to wasn't there so they ended up doing a full mot that is logged into the system so feel I cant sell it with an mot till November as I know it has failed since.

However having said all that. I got the car back today and have fixed the hazards and srs issue as far as the mot is concerned. I took the headlight out and got the adjuster working too after a fashion so just waiting till dusk so I can adjust it to the same height as the other one against the garage door. if I haven't got enough movement in the adjuster I will have to have another think about what I can do to bring the bottom of the lamp up or the top down. Then it is just a case of getting the garage to sort the abs sensor which I have already bought the new brackets etc and hope that fixes the abs issue.

many thanks
      coop

Comment

hi, is there anything else that would stop working if I left the headlight motor unplugged
        many thanks
        coop

Comment

It may disable the flux capacitor, but otherwise most things should function properly.
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
          X