Diff coverplate / gearbox sump gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Diff coverplate / gearbox sump gasket

hi all I need to replace the o/s/f drive shaft on my 1999 1.2 16v corsa. I cant find the gasket for love nor money. all the local motor factors here say its a dealer part... Vauxhall say its a order in from Germany and then its in a complete engine set and want silly money.

the question is this.... can I use a silicon sealant instead??? or am I better off just pulling the drive shaft and letting the oil run out the driveshaft hole.

many thanks
    coop

Gasket for what? Just remove the shaft and fit a new one.

Comment

There are probably other alternatives but if all else fails you can buy gasket paper in sheets and rolls.If its not too big or complicated you may be able to cut yourself a new one, either using the old one a pattern or taking a 'brass rubbing' on the component itself.
      Made a few out of cornflake packets in the past for low tech jobs (not recommended here!) A top quality gasket sealant might do the job, dunno, I havnt used them much for anything important. Or if it can be done by just pulling out the shaft you may be able to keep oil loss to a minimum by tilting the car as much as you safely can.
      Last edited by Bugman; 15-04-2015, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Just pull the driveshaft out

Comment

thanks all
          coop

Comment

Working...
          X