2012 corsa 1.2 limited edition noisy injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] 2012 corsa 1.2 limited edition noisy injectors

Hi there iv just gone and got a 1.2 limited edition from a ford dealership at the weekend and have noticed a tapping noise coming from the ejector housing I have since taking the car back to the dealership for them to have a look and say that its all OK and just the injectors some times when I pull up at the light the tapping stops but more often then not it does not go away any 1 have the same problem?

http://GOPR0135 1428940058648 high: ... </a> </div>

Comment

They aren't quiet engines, but I shouldn't think hearing it inside the car is normal either! Injectors do tick, and you can get extra noisy ones. I'd start by finding the proper source of the noise using a long screwdriver on various components and put other end to your ear. If not, use a mechanical stethoscope, but screwdriver is cheaper and easier for most.
      Despite their name they aren't limited at all really, so you should be able to find a lot out about these engines across Google too!

Comment

Thanks for replying definitely the injectors just seems strange how sometimes when stopping at a junction I quieten down sometimes

Comment

Which injector?

How do you know it's definitely them?

Comment

All of them by they sounds of it

Comment

How do you know it isn't the engine right infront of them?

Comment

Coz the sound is coming from back of engine where injectors are plus ford sed at the weekend it was just the injectors think they are just fobing me off don't wanna pay 7k on something that sounds like a banger

Comment

Comment

Just upped the vid I took early

Comment

for what its worth... I would make them fix it regardless. if it is the injectors and they have to be replaced at a later date u could be in for a big bill...... for my 08 avensis 4d4 1 injector is nearly 500 pounds!!!!! not saying that's what your ones will cost... just why pay for something that u dont have to

hope this helps
                      coop

Comment

There's lots of stuff in a small area, noises travel too.

Comment

Working...
                        X