Speedo doesnt work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Speedo doesnt work

hi all, I have just bought a 1999 corsa cdx 1.2 and the only thing wrong with it is the speedo doesn't work. the car was cheap enough and good enough for what I want for me not to worry too much with faults.

is the speedo cable operated or electronic and what is the method of replacement.

many thanks
    coop

That year it will be an electronic one. The sender is on the transmission, but check all plugs and wiring before changing the sender.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

thanks for that...going to go get it in a little while so I will have a good poke around this evening or tomorrow.
      many thanks
      coop

Comment

Does your cigarette lighter work? They share a fuse

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy View Post
          Does your cigarette lighter work? They share a fuse
          ok thanks I shall have a look in the morning. I read on another forum that there was something about if a aftermarket stereo was fitted it could affect the stereo.... is this true or is it an old wives tale?
          many thanks
          coop

Comment

Never hear of that, most common issue is the cigarette lighter blows the fuse then you have no speedo, it's happened to me

Comment

ok checked the cig lighter socket.... no lighter there but plugged in my sat nav and it wouldn't fire up so I assume there is no power..... which fuse is the one I need to check pls
              coop

Comment

Off the top of my head can't remember, shine a light into the fuse box should be able to see a blown one
                Edit:
                Try fuse 18
                Last edited by dannyboy; 10-04-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I think it's number 14

Comment

97-2000 fuses - F18 20A - covers central locking, reverse lights, heated rear window, air con, cigarette lighter, speed sensor, auto transmission, & seat heating - so check if all of those are dead.
                    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

I knew it was around there somewhere

Comment

hi all thanks for the replys. Fuse 18 was blown when I checked it with my meter however the central locking works or at least it does on the drivers side.

many thanks
                        coop

Comment

The driver's side will open even if the central locking isn't working. At least it does if you're using the key in the door rather than a remote.

Glad it was an easy fix.

Comment

hi all just been up and down the car park and still no speedo. fuses f18 and f22 were blown also fuses f2, f4, f5, f9 and f11 are "missing" not sure if that is supposed to be the case. I take it as the sender is electronic u have to have an oscilloscope to see if the speedo is getting a signal.

many thanks
                            coop

Comment

F2 - auto transmission (10A)
                              F4 - not listed
                              F5 - Auto transmission (10A)
                              F9 - front fog lights (20A)
                              F11 - headlight washer (30A)
                              F18 - as above (20A)
                              F22 - ABS (20A)

If fuses were blown check to see if the replacements have blown, it's possible there's a short somewhere which caused the original failure.

Comment

Working...
                              X