Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Help needed!!

Hi

I've just replaced the front suspension on my X-reg Corsa C (shocks, coils, drop links). It still starts fine, but when I put it in gear (any gear), and release the clutch, the car doesn't move, but does reward me with a terrible grinding noise.

Any ideas?

I followed the Haynes manual religiously, as I've never owned a Corsa until this one.

Please help, if you can. By the way, the car was driving fine before, but one of the coils broke.

Sounds like the driveshaft or CV joint is possibly spinning inside the hub or something similar.

Comment

Thanks for that, Hardcore, I did wonder, but didn't have chance to check today, I'll check it tomorrow and let you know.

Comment

Sound like a shafts out box end

Comment

I would second the above suggestion. There is a clip which is meant to retain the driveshaft in the transmission but they can still pop out if the hub is pulled outwards when working on the suspension. It should just go back with moderate pressure.
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
          X