No announcement yet.

Where to find throttle body??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Where to find throttle body??

I've got a corsa c 1.3 cdti 2006 70bhp and I'm needing to clean the throttle body but ... I've no idea where it is is in the engine bay and no idea where it is on the engine? Could anyone please shed some light??

Look on the intake - to one side there is a curved air intake pipe, the TB is between the end of that pipe and the intake manifold.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply, sorry to be awkward but I've had a look and it ain't there, just to make sure it's the 2001 - 2006 model I've got, the only bit of the intake I can see is the egr valve that's it, I've had a look and the inlet manifold joins on to the intake pipe it there's no TB just 3 small bolts?? I've even tried looking online to see if I can get a replacement TB but there's nowhere I can find one?

Comment

You got a diesel buddy.
        They don't have throttle body's.

Comment

Ino cheers, found out this off a mate who works at rac and he did computer check. I've got 2 other questions, I've got a pipercross panel filter and its not sitting in the lip like the standard ones do will this mean there's air leaking through it because one side is sitting in the lip like the standard ones do but the other side is raised out of the lip by 1 cm. I've just taken my row pipe (u turn rubber tubing) off and it's got watery oil running down into the turbo, does this mean the turbo is failing?

Comment

The 1.3CDTi engine has a component that is called the TB - eg VAUXHALL 1.3 CDTI Z13DTH THROTTLE BODY 55195014 | eBay
            1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Hi thanks, I've asked a mate of mine who had wired his laptop up to my car and checked for a throttle body and there's isn't one, its all to do with ecu injection and he also sai that the throttle is linked up directly to the diesel pump, the engine code you've listed is for the mk3 corsa d, I've checked with vauxhall them selves to check the engine codes and the engine is unfortunately for me throttle body'less. I've taken the inlet off where it meets the inlet and there is no throttle body at all, according to the rac the egr valve is instead of the throttle body aswell being an egr valve?? does the egr valve have a butter fly valve like a throttle body? I can't get any answers about where the butterfly valve is??

Comment

It's the only car I've eer had that weirdly doesn't have a throttle body. Only reason why I'm wondering where the butterfly valve is is because my car is extremely jumpy at low revs in 1st and 2nd gear and only explanation I could think of is there's unburnt coke in side the butterfly valve making it stick so ... Just trying to find the butter flu valve. But thanks for all the replays apprishiate it

Comment

Ah - right, my bad - I'd gotten it into my head it was the later one. The EGR causes so many problems, that's why they've changed it. You might want to try giving that a good clean.

Comment

When I got the car the egr valve was faulty and I took it back and replaced it because the engine management light kept coming on. The egr valve was only replaced 3 months ago. I hope it's not faulty or clogged up looks like a nightmare job to do :/ I'm replacing the exhaust manifold nuts but I've rounded 2 of them so trying to get them off, it's the centre middle exhaust an the far right hand side one that's hidden behind some pipes. Any ideas on how to remove them? Thanks

Comment

Plenty of penetrating fluid - Plusgas and a squirt of WD40. The WD40 by itself is useless, but since it is designed to dispel moisture it has the property of driving into joints. Plusgas does the job 90% of the time. The few times it doesn't I find adding a squirt of WD40 just helps it into the joint and it rarely fails.

On rounded nuts you need a socket or spanner which grips on the flats rather than just on the points of the nut. I have a set of socket with inserts that grip rounded nuts - snag is they are often too bulky to get behind manifolds. Occasionally you just have to resort to a nut splitter if the nut is totally wrecked.

Comment

Working...
                      X