Corsa D Rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa D 2006-2014] Corsa D Rattle

Hi everyone bit new to this so i hope its in the right section, im kinda hoping its not mechanical but it probably is knowing my luck.

Over the last week I have noticed a rattle that sounds a bit like a cricket and I cant work out where from, I think its my left so on the passenger side. The thing I find weird is its only when I hit 70mph on the motorway i hear it and its not a consistant thing, I will hear it for maybe 2 seconds then nothing and then 30 or so seconds later it will come back.

Any ideas what this could be ? I was hoping it was something loose inside the car caused by the vibrations of going at speed on the motorway but now starting to think it may not be.

If anyone has experience this or has any advice I would really appreciate it, the car is an 08 and has about 38k on the clock, already had to pay to get the head gasket done

Can you describe the noise a bit better

Comment

Its not very loud and the only way i can describe it is like a cricket haha to me it sounds like something metalic is vibrating against something

Comment

Similar to this at 30 seconds in, mine isnt as loud

Comment

First thing to do is to remove all loose items from the car, empty glovebox, make sure sun visor is in its clamp, fasten seat belts into their holders, check under seats - basically remove anything that can vibrate and then try it.
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Yeah going to try this and hope, starting to get worried its not inside the car :/

Comment

Hi everyone thanks for your help but apparently its the front shock observers so going to get that looked at today, is this the sort of thing that would cause this sort of noise and any ideas what price i should be looking at ?

Comment

Shocks can rattle or knock, but it's not usually only noticeable at speed. How much is like how long is a piece of string, depends which ones you fit and where you go.

If you aren't doing it you self try an independent tyre / exhaust place.
                1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Hi guys thank you all for your replies I took it to a friend who's a Mechanic and he lifted the car, behind the grills at the front there was a plastic strip running along the length of the grills (sorry for lack of technical terms) which was knocking because of the wind through the grills at speed so a few cable ties has solved it lol ! Simple things

Comment

Working...
                  X