07 corsa not revving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [All Models] 07 corsa not revving

Hi im newbie here im posting about my sisters car as she not very good with the internet.she has problem with her 07 1.2 corsa it wont rev above 2k and the little yellow light on dash is flashing its a car with spanner through it she has taken it to the garage who read the codes they came up with two codes p2101 and p0403 the mechanic told her the throttle body was probably gunked up.i took the throttle body off the car today and cleaned it but car still wont rev past 2k im not really sure what to do next hopeing somone on here can help.any help would be greatly appreciated.

The two codes refer to - P2101 throttle actuator (throttle body) & P0403 EGR (exhaust gas recirculation valve).

Unless your mechanic cleared the codes then re-read you won't know if they are both current codes or old faults still stored in the ECU.

From the symptoms I'd reckon the P2101 is current as your car has a drive by wire throttle. There are two potentiometers, one on the throttle pedal (which is usually the first to fail) and the other on the throttle body. In this case it's more likely the one on the throttle body has gone. Unfortunate as it's more expensive to fix.

The EGR code may also be current, there's no way of knowing for sure from the information given. But fix one thing at a time - and since the engine rpm is limited I'd work on the throttle issue first.
    1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Taurus thank you for such a quick reply i ddint know there was a potentiometer in the throttle pedal as well is there anyway to check which one to change or do i just have to just take a chance that its the the throttle body thats at fault.

Comment

Got it sorted changed the throttle body for a second hand one and it seems to have fixed the problem thanks again for the help

Comment

Good man - glad it was so easy to fix.
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
          X