Sunroof wind defector mechanism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Sunroof wind defector mechanism

Last edited by Bugman; 30-01-2015, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Comment

I have never had a corsa with a sunroof so cant help specifically. A main dealer is restricted to official parts and it may be the only way they can do it,officially is to replace the whole sunroof.Other garages have more discretion and will probably be significantly cheaper. I dont know how difficult it is to dismantle to investigate for yourself what might have broken.
        I have just done a quick check on ebay and there are a few spare parts listed, including a complete electric sunroof for forty quid,and a complete manual one for thirty quid.

Comment

Thank you I have been looking on eBay do you have the link

Comment

Hi
            I just searched on 'corsa c sunroof 'and there are several listed,used.( Ebay.co.uk.)My next task is to learn how to do links! I will try and add them later but dont hold your breath waiting.
            It looks like you need to drop the headlining,which would account for much of the labour costs. To do the sunroof that is,not the links.

Comment

Hi
              You can teach an old dog new tricks. Here are a couple of links, but there are more listed. If you dont need the whole lot it might be worth sending a message to the sellers to see if they can help. Alternatively buy the lot then sell any removable bits you dont need,such as glass,motor etc. Its possible you may need to replace the seal.

Vauxhall Corsa C Sun Roof Manual 00-06 V-Corsaparts | eBay
              Corsa C Sunroof complete assembly. Electric | eBay
              Last edited by Bugman; 31-01-2015, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Brilliant thank you guys [emoji3]

Comment

Personally,if I saw a 'buy it now' listing for the whole lot within reasonable 'buyer collects' range I would buy ,and even if it meant paying for a courier.At this sort of price ,and the dismantling involved ,its not worth faffing about trying to do a repair.If I was unable to do the work myself it would give me the option of going to body shops (who in my opinion are more likely to have the necessary experience than a general garage) and ask for quotes to fit the parts supplied by me. In the event that the parts are unsuitable,or excessive I would re list them for sale. If we are only talking whistle,and not a water leak you can take your time finding the right part,right location,right price and right fitter.If you happen to miss buying the right part it does at least set a going rate on ebay which will influence later sellers.

Comment

Working...
                  X