Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [All Models] 1.2 corsa 07 plate not starting

hi newbie here

my daughters corsa wont start try to turn it over battery light goes out nothing headlights are bright but there is a car and spanner symbol flashing a friend said do the 2 pedal fault test i have and got the engine light flashing can anyone tell me what the fault code is as im a bit thick lol

The flashing is coded (can't remember what it is but something like 3 flashes then a pause the 6 flashes then pause etc would be 36... Sure someone else will be along to help more but that hopefully may give you an idea. Put the code up but might also be worth googling it to see if there's anything of immediate help

Comment

Flashing EML means it's an immobiliser issue. Usually the key has been dropped and the chip in it has fallen out or it's been damaged.

Re. pedal test - Vauxhall fault codes & Pedal trick test | Vauxhall Owners Network Forum & Club - Insignia | Antara | Mokka | Adam | Ampera | Vectra | Astra | Corsa | Signum | Zafira | Meriva | Tigra | Agila | Vivaro | VXR
      Last edited by Taurus; 11-01-2015, 04:26 PM.
      1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Can this be repaired

Comment

Usually it can - first of all try a spare key to see if it's just the key that is damaged. If neither key works it can be more complicated. If the ECU senses a problem with the key security it will trigger the immobiliser - the engine cranks over fine, but the fuel supply is disconnected so it won't fire. You see the EML flashing which is always the main clue to what the problem is.

If you don't have a spare key then a main dealer can supply one programmed to the car so long as you have the card with the security code on it.

It is possible to programme a blank key & chip using Opcom - but if you're not sure of what you're doing better to let a dealer do it, it's not cheap though.
          1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

anyone got a ecu tech2 cleared for my corsa d 1.2 2007

Comment

Working...
            X