Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa C 2000-2006] Severe troubles?

Hi.
    Sorry. I dont understand what you mean by 'The first is that takes to turn cold'.We will need more detail on what is wrong. I think you are also saying coil,tuning,crankshaft sensor and distribution are all new and not the cause. Is this correct?

I understand your second problem with an error code , but do not know the answer. others may be able to help.

Comment

Comment

When did it last have a full service? All filters including fuel filter and new plugs. Slow starting can be just basic service items rather than sensors.

Also - check the battery voltage before you try to start it. The battery ought to read about 12.5v minimum, anything lower suggests a weak battery - which can also cause the P0607 code. The ECU is very intolerant of low voltages so if the voltage is dropping on cranking it can throw that code. Check the battery earth as well, make sure all the connections are good. If no better then check the earth on the ECU itself.
        1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

It is very logical to me what you're commenting about the voltage, since apparently the battery is not seen in good condition.
          With respect to full service, It did three months ago and the oil change two weeks ago.

Can be the temperature sensor or something related to the fuel?

But for now, I will check the battery, thanks for your prompt replies.
          When i know the reason of the problem, gladly, I will post the solution

Comment

If you suspect the battery is in poor condition and nearing the end of its life then I'd suspect that will prove to be the cause of both problems you mention.

The temperature sensor on them lets the ECU know when the engine is warm as they default to a cold start fuel/air mix. If the sensor fails you won't usually get problems until the engine is hot, then they can idle lumpy, cut out at low throttle settings and be hard to restart. They can sometimes cause poor starting but I'd look at the battery before going any further.
            1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

I commented, the P0607 error disappeared yesterday, that I managed reviewing the detonation sensor wiring, cleaned some wires that were exposed and voila. Apparently this sensor has a strong bond with the ECU.

Soon I will check the battery, Greetings and thanks for your comments.

Comment

If you had exposed wires that can play havoc with the ECU

Comment

Working...
                X