No announcement yet.

Brake warning light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Brake warning light.

Hi folks, seasons greetings. I have a 20 year old Corsa b 1.2 and when I make a right hand bend at speed the brake warning light comes on. It doesn't happen when I brake just when I take a bend at speed. Any ideas guys.
    cheers.

Could be the low brake pad indicator cable earthing out on a hub or back plate.I would jack it up try it on both full locks and check for rubbing cables.

Comment

It's low brake fluid

Comment

As above.

They don't have wear indicators either

Comment

+1 for low fluid. On sharp cornering the little fluid thats left in the brake fluid reservoir moves to one side, awa from the level sensor. the sensor thinks the fluid is gone, until you stop cornering. Top it up before it gets too low and draws air into the system.
          |> Spec2 R33 Skyline GTS-T <|

Comment

Fluid is full to the brim.

Comment

The light showing on hard cornering is usually low fluid - but if the fluid is fine check the wiring, it may be worn and earthing out on cornering.

The other time I've had this it turned out it wasn't actually the brake light but the oil level light flashing on - similar colour and when showing momentarily sometimes confused.
              1972 Viva restoration thread - http://www.thecorsa.co.uk/projects-b....html#post1534

Comment

Working...
              X