No announcement yet.

Gaz coilovers leaking!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Gaz coilovers leaking!?

Had the rear wheels off today and noticed this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401133166758.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	111500

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401133185628.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	111501

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401133213341.jpg
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	111502

It was like the above both sides. I've had the coilovers 18months from new and I'm appalled at the weathering since then.

They've seen no more then 6k miles and the car is mainly dry stored and hardly sees the wet.

Do that look like a leaking shock to you guys?

Looks it what roads do you mainly use mines still look brand new after 1 year and about 18k

Comment

Majority around town alongside dual carriageways. Guess its a call to gaz tomorrow!

Comment

At least they're not too expensive to refurb though. But yeh I'd definitely say they are leaking, unlucky Sam!
        |> Spec2 R33 Skyline GTS-T <|

Comment

Comment

Cheers guys. Gutted to be honest! Its odd as they haven't been set too low or too hard, I've cleaned under the arches once about 6 months ago and was alright! I know my garage gets a bit humid sometimes but the rest of the car is fine and my front suspension setup is in mint condition and fitted a few weeks after these!

Say I get them rebuilt can the springs be powder coated to try prolong the life? Along with maybe applying some grease before refitting?

Comment

Definitely apply grease.

I had springs powder coated before, so I know it can be done.
              Although I think yours will clean up decent enough

Comment

Thanks mark! Will give Gaz a call in the morning just to see what they say.

Liam has the same rear coilovers on his nova and they've seen more miles with bad road conditions and they've stayed in great condition, Very odd :/

Comment

Just called Gaz and they were really good about it.

Sending them back and they'll rebuild them and send them back within a few days under warranty!

Comment

Wow... That's actually quite good. You've done well there
                    |> Spec2 R33 Skyline GTS-T <|

Comment

Result!!

Comment

Yeah I'm very pleased! Apparently they have a 2 year warranty and although mine were bought on eBay it was through their eBay site anyway so it's all good.

Got the coilovers off now and one hardly rebounds compared to the other!

Comment

I think most springs are powder coated as standard. I know my cheapo Jamex ones were.
                          Maybe take it to the jet wash every now and then and give it a blast under the wheel arches. I used to do mines every 2 weeks roughly and even after 3 years they weren't as bad as yours are the now. Not so important but deffo winter with all the salt on the roads.

Comment

Think I will be doing that from now on mate! Will sort some packaging out and get them sent this afternoon and see what happens on return!

Comment

They're only in Basildon if you're nearby ?

Comment

Working...
                              X