Corsa B acceleration problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Corsa B acceleration problem

Hi, I've recently acquired a Corsa B with the 1.0 12v - X10XE engine which has a very low mileage for its age (31k miles). The car is great apart from one issue. When trying to accelerate hard, particularly in a high gear, the car hesitates at c. 3,500 revs and the EML flashes on. Once I back off on the accelerator, the EML goes off. So, you can be driving at say 40 mph in 5th, drop to 4th to try to overtake something slow moving and the nature of the issue means it is a somewhat 'dangerous' manoeuvre. If you drive very steadily this issue does not typically arise. I had it checked and the fault code indicated lambda sensor. I had this replaced with a good branded part (NGK), but it made zero difference. I am thinking it could now be the air mass sensor? I would greatly appreciate any views on fellow drivers who may have experienced this issue, as I don't want to go down a route of replacing different parts with no result. The car used to belong to someone who only drove limited local miles, but it was serviced annually regardless of mileage covered by a reputable local garage.

Hi Welcome to the forum. In my experience on this fault of the lambda sensor, it usually is the air mass sensor. I think how it works is the lambda sensor detects the wrong fuel mixture from the air mass sensor as you accelerate hard . And throws a fault code to the engine ECU. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have read that it is best to buy a quality air mass sensor, such as a Bosch one. I think I will go for one of these.

Comment

Hi I have just Joined the Corsa Forum I have got a corsa MK2 2003 Corsa I cannot locate the Gearbox filler Plug been on Socail media the lot need some advice .

Comment

Hi just trying to find the gearbox filler Plug I have got a mk2 corsa 1.2 16 2003.

Comment

Take off the front passenger wheel, follow the driver shaft where it goes into the gearbox, and just to the right of the shaft you will see a 13mm hexagon nut. That's where you fill the gearbox up.

Comment

Thanks for that Sir .

Comment

Gonna do that first thing in the Morning ,

Comment

Hi Members what type of Sparkplugs fit my Corsa have bought some but I dont know weather they are the right ones for my Mk2 corsa 1.2 16v 2003 Vehicle .

Comment

Working...
                  X