Corsa B not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Corsa B 1993-2000] Corsa B not starting

Hi. I have a corsa B 1.4 si 1994, i cant turn it on, maybe fuel pump?

Originally posted by MartinsFernando View Post
    Hi. I have a corsa B 1.4 si 1994, i cant turn it on, maybe fuel pump?
    Battery is new

Comment

Can you supply a bit more information? Is it turning over and not starting? Has it run at all recently? What have you already tried etc. It's just a little difficult to help without any information

Comment

I don't drive a lot, but sometimes I started the engine because of the battery, but some time ago I couldn't, I thought it was the battery and I bought a new one, but it still doesn't start. I notice that when I try I hear a click at the foot of the glove compartment. Could it be from the fuel pump?

Comment

the starter works normally

Comment

when it still works, sometimes the engine light would come on

Comment

Yes it turning over and not starting, as if there was no gas. Sorry my English i'm from Portugal

Comment

I'm not very mechanical so hopefully someone else can give you some help, but just to check - it does have fuel?

Don't worry about your English, it's fine, better than my Portuguese for sure!

Comment

Thank you anyways

Comment

Sorry, I dont know much about the B. If its like the other corsas when you put the ignition on you can often hear the fuel pump running for a short time to pressurise the fuel injectors. If all you are getting is a click there may be a problem. One possible reason is that the car is being disabled by its own security system. Sometimes the security system will stop the fuel pump working if the wrong car key is being used. Have you changed car keys or fitted a new battery in the key since the car was last working?

If you can ,remove a sparking plug soon after you have been trying to start the car If the plug is wet with petrol or smells of petrol the petrol pump is probably working. The problem is more likely something else , such as no spark to the spark plugs.

If there is no petrol smell the first thing to check is the fuel supply. Petrol pump not working , blocked fuel pipes . blocked fuel filter , no petrol , or a fault in the fuel injectors.

But in both cases, petrol or no petrol, there may still be something else .

Comment

I haven't change car battery keys or key

Comment

Hi, what I would suggest is buy your self a can of easy start, it basically petroleum in a spray can . Remove the plastic cover from the throttle body, it's the big black plastic tubing coming from the air filter. Get someone to turn the engine over, while you spray the easy start direct into the throttle body. If it starts you will know you have a fuel problem.

Comment

Ok thank you for your suggestion

Comment

Working...
                          X